+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

I really liked his performance! I think it was a bit shaky at the beginning but he got over it and when he started to belt it out it sounder really really good! I like the raspiness in his voice and he can really interpret the spirit of the song, and for the first time he chose a song I actually like. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, last night.

Danny has a great voice, but I am not sure he is a great singer yet. I think he needs to learn how to use it properly when he isn't belting out the chorus. Not many songs are ment to be sung as loud as the chorus in the demographic he is appealing to.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I really like Danny's voice. Not his best performance last night. I hope he goes for more fun kind of songs though, and stops with the message songs. It's alientating too many people.

I hate preachy songs.

I love Danny's voice. He has a really nice voice and he know how to project it. Danny doesn't sound or act like David Cook at all. Seriously, I like Danny better. He seems real nice, but a little honest and genuine sometimes... Did you see how he react when he met Randy? I thought it was cute. He's like down-to-earth kinda person. And I don't think Danny had said something back to Simon like how David Cook did last year, which still annoys me to no end, by the way.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

How many pairs of glasses does this guy have? EVERY time we see him he is wearing a different pair. Are they prescription? Or is he just making a fashion statement?
    Inquiring minds want to know....

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Was wondering the same thing myself JMB.

If they are prescription, maybe the lenses pop out of one pair and can be put in another pair! They do seem to be the same shape from week to week, just a different color.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

His frames are probably part of the style budget each contestant gets.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3387342;
    I hate preachy songs.
    I agree with that.

It's one thing to "feel" or "relate" to a song, but it's another to think everyone has to feel or relate to it too.

Preachy songs and preachy singers are obnoxious. Danny can be borderline.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3387542;
    How many pairs of glasses does this guy have? EVERY time we see him he is wearing a different pair. Are they prescription? Or is he just making a fashion statement?
    Inquiring minds want to know....
    You know, I was thinking about it last night because at first, he definitely was wearing prescription glasses. You can tell if they are prescription by whether or not they distort the lines of where his face would end if you are looking through the sides of them (I hope that makes sense). But last night, I noticed his glasses were not prescription. Maybe they got him wearing contacts now, but the glasses became such a part of his persona that they are having him wear clear ones as a fashion accessory at this point.

+ Reply to Thread