+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Danny is by far my favorite this season. The rest seem so amateur when he sings. If I were comparing him to anyone of past Idol seasons, it would be David Cook.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Danny reminds me of Taylor.

On the Entertainment Weekly website, Michael Slezak & his compatriot named Kristen, have a weekly webisode show called Idoltry. It's well worth watching. Unless, you are a Danny fan. Kristen seems to loathe the guy. She has even coined the phrase "Put the GO in Gokey."

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3384850;
    On the Entertainment Weekly website, Michael Slezak & his compatriot named Kristen, have a weekly webisode show called Idoltry. It's well worth watching. Unless, you are a Danny fan. Kristen seems to loathe the guy. She has even coined the phrase "Put the GO in Gokey."
    Does she or has she indicated why she loathes him?

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3384983;
    Does she or has she indicated why she loathes him?
    It all began with the constant dead wife references & went from there.

I love Danny and don't mind references to his wife at all. Mostly, it's the producers wanting that story told.

Danny's voice reminds me of Elliot Yamin's voice (my favorite all-time idol voice).
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I loved his performance last night. I completely disagree with stupid Kara and Randy.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I thought Danny did an excellent job last night. He has a lot of soul when he sings. He and Matt are my top favorites.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The mentoring portion of Danny's part of the show last night was AWFUL. Okay, maybe he was feeling intimidated by Randy Travis, but he was acting like a little school girl in the beginning.

HOWEVER . . . . . he knocked out that song when he got on stage (which is where it counts). He was definitely feeling the spirit of the song.

Good job Gokey!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I attributed his mentoring mess-ups to nerves. He admitted he was nervous around Randy Travis. I would be, too.

+ Reply to Thread