+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3382263;
    There is smugness on the AI stage, it just isn't coming from Danny (imho).

Liked his MJ performance best. Even my hubby, who usually can't stand to be in the same room when AI is on the tv, paused on his way to the kitchen to listen. He pronounced him "pretty good". High praise, considering the source!

Danny isn't my favorite, but I will give him credit. He is good. I believe he could still be where he is today (in the top 11) even if they hadn't broadcast his hard-luck wife dying story.
    I think he would be doing better if they hadn't pimped the dead wife story. It created a backlash against him personally that wouldn't have been there other wise. Some people will never see or hear HIM because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3381924;
    Last year a lot of people thought that David Cook was smug, and I never saw it. Don't see it with Danny either.
    ITA - Didn't see smugness with David Cook, and don't see it AT ALL with Danny, either.

FORT Fogey

Some contestants just don't let nerves get the better of them. I think Danny is one of them. I personally don't think there is any smugness involved at all.

The issue I had last week wasn't so much with Danny as it was with the way he was treated after he sang. He was allowed to stand up on stage & ramble on & on for so long that when it came time for Matt & Alexis to perform they were so short on time that the judges were relegated to terse short sentences. That kind of crapola shouldn't be allowed to happen on a Live show where time is going to be crucial. Not Danny's fault, but it still wasn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3382727;
    The issue I had last week wasn't so much with Danny as it was with the way he was treated after he sang. He was allowed to stand up on stage & ramble on & on for so long that when it came time for Matt & Alexis to perform they were so short on time that the judges were relegated to terse short sentences. That kind of crapola shouldn't be allowed to happen on a Live show where time is going to be crucial. Not Danny's fault, but it still wasn't fair.
    That's not the first time it happened either and it most likely won't be the last. At the end of his final 36 performance he was allowed to launch into a whole sermon about how he wants to be inspire and help or some other crap like that that nobody gives a damn about. He is this year's David Archuleta.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

At the end of his PYT performance, after Simon said his singing was brilliant, his dancing was hideous, Danny asked if he could comment. Simon said yes. The point is, Danny asked first if he could. Simon could have said no, we need to move along.

Is Danny being given preferential treatment, without a doubt yes. Is it his fault, no. But, I understand that AI's pimping of this guy turns people off.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3382808;
    At the end of his PYT performance, after Simon said his singing was brilliant, his dancing was hideous, Danny asked if he could comment. Simon said yes. The point is, Danny asked first if he could. Simon could have said no, we need to move along.

Is Danny being given preferential treatment, without a doubt yes. Is it his fault, no. But, I understand that AI's pimping of this guy turns people off.
    It wasn't just with Danny's that the judges went over. They did it with Adam and others. It's up to Ryan to keep moving everyone along and he's the one that often asks the judges to clarify what they said. Even if Danny caused them to go over which I doubt, they had plenty of time to make it up.

FORT Fan

love danny! adam, not so sure about........i rewatched tuesday's episode tonight. adam seems to yell the whole song. no matter what/who...i'm all for danny. genuine and natural.

It's just the way he reacts when he finds out the good news.

FORT Fogey

I judge my idol tastes by who's performances I rewatch and who I think I'd like to see live. Danny, Adam, Matt, and Megan are the only ones thus far.

+ Reply to Thread