+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

I really like his voice but man does he suck on picking his songs! I've hated every song he's sang so far! Too bad because I really think he's the best singer of the bunch in this year's AI.

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3379796;
    He has a better voice but I'm getting shades of Taylor Hicks with this guy. If he wins how would they market him and would there be a genuine place for him in the industry? I can't seem him doing well in the biz.
    I think that CCM is the best market for him. I think he would be very successful as a Christian artist. I don't get the Taylor Hicks comparison AT ALL. I really didn't watch his season or have paid any attention to him since though. The most attention I've paid to him is the fact that I LOVE Weird Al's version of his song "Do I Make You Proud" (Weird Al's version, "Do I Creep You Out"). The video is ABSOLUTELY HYSTERICAL! If you want a good laugh do a search for it or go to the JibJab website and check it out!
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-11-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

I like this guy. Not my favorite, but he'll be top 3 or 4 for sure.
    Praise seitan!

Danny is my favorite, so far. He has a lot of potential with that set of vocals he has.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

i hope they quickly do a make over. he looks like a mess

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3381117;
    i hope they quickly do a make over. he looks like a mess
    Really? I think they should leave him alone. He is totally sexy just the way he is
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fan

I agree stacerace....Danny is cute as he can be just like he is. and the boy can dance! (group number 10 sec. lil number...) He and Kris NMO are the best 2, most authentic singers this year. GO DANNY!

I've like Danny from the start. (I feel so sorry for him about his wife, but that has nothing to do with my opinion of his talent. In fact, from some posters reactions I think they need to stop mentioning that bit of history PRONTO.) At first I saw the Robert Downey Jr thing--- but I think the glasses have messed that up and I loved the RDJ look! He's alittle too geeky now to me. But wow can he sing from the heart! (my husband mentioned the Taylor Hicks comparison,too-- and isn't a fan of Danny because of it, but I don't see it). I liked his song choice being upbeat,too. Great performance!

I got Danny's studio mp3 from this week and his voice sounds really good. I like his look with the glasses but I'm sure he'd welcome any makeover they'd want to give him. I don't get the Taylor comparisons. Him I can't stand, Danny I like.

I think Danny sounded really good this week. He needs to find a dance coach pronto. NO MORE HIP THRUSTS please! I predict he'll make top 3.

+ Reply to Thread