+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

I thought Danny was fantastic and was very sorry that I couldn't vote for him from Canada.

I've liked Danny since the beginning and hope he goes really far, not only in the competition but in his career. Love, love his voice.

I loved Danny's performance and was glad to see him change things up a bit with tempo. Danny is a remarkable talent: Great voice, Great emotion, Great phrasing, Great timing, Great tones and Great control.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 03-11-2009 at 12:49 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

After all the pimping and the ridiculous amount of time spent on his sob story added to just the plain creepiness I get off him, I was prepared to continue disliking him and was even prepared to take a potty break when he came on because I did not want to hear another inspirational song complete with family/friends crying while holding up the deadwife photo.

Then he came out and had me sitting there in shock wondering who the heck he was and how they managed to change the Danny I'd come to hate with the Danny that I could almost see myself eventually liking. Ok, like is too strong of a word but.. he definitely was one of the top last night in both singing and performance. Still don't like him, he gives me the creeps.

He has a better voice but I'm getting shades of Taylor Hicks with this guy. If he wins how would they market him and would there be a genuine place for him in the industry? I can't seem him doing well in the biz.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I LOVE this guy (as of right now anyway). His perfomance was great last night. So glad he decided not to do a sappy song and opted for an upbeat one.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I still like Danny a lot. I wasn't as impressed with his performance last night as I have been with other songs, but I still thought he was very good. I loved how he said that he loves to dance and he loves to sing, but when he tries to combine the two is when he has trouble.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3379796;
    He has a better voice but I'm getting shades of Taylor Hicks with this guy. If he wins how would they market him and would there be a genuine place for him in the industry? I can't seem him doing well in the biz.
    That crossed my mind last night as well, including the Taylor Hicks comparison, but I thought it was brought on by Simon's critique of his dancing. I don't know how to classify Danny, either. According to his Fox bio, his favourite artists are Lauryn Hill and Michael Jackson. I don't see him singing that type of material, though. Another identity-crisis contestant, maybe?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3379666;
    I loved everything about his performance. I liked his outfit, his dance, it all worked for me.
    Totally agree. Something just makes it all work. The people that I work with that watch Idol all agree on him. Other than him, not so much. I won't predict him as the winner yet, but definitely top 3.

A friend mentioned the Taylor Hicks comparison to me....and I don't see it.
    Danny is cool.
    Taylor wasn't, IMO.

The bluesy thing is more current now than it was 3-4 years ago.
    I'm not a fan of that kind of music/sound...but I'd listen to Danny (and Matt) all night.

+ Reply to Thread