+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

I totally love this guy! Even if he doesn't win, I'm sure he will be successful. I'm looking forward to seeing what genre he will pick when all this is over. Personally, I'd like to see him go into the Contemporary Christian (CCM) market. He reminds me a bit of Stephen Curtis Chapman (one of my favorite musicians of all time!). I hope his friend Jamar pursues a career as well even though he didn't make it to the top 36. I think he would do well in CCM as well. He does remind me a bit of Michael Tait (dc Talk is my absolute favorite band of all time as well! Yes, I am publicly admitting that I am a Jesus Freak and I love the song Jesus Freak too!).
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Wow, that really is a brutal picture of him. No sign of Robert Downey, Jr. in that shot.

So darn likable. I will probably root for him all season even if I hate his song choices (which haven't been great for me so far, except for his audition). Hopefully the producers will let the poor guy's wife rest in peace already and we can concentrate on his performances.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Okey, Dokey, Danny Gokey. He'll be around for a long time, but the whole wife thing needs to not be mentioned again.

FORT Fan

wow! if he doesn't make it here i know he will be a very successful praise and worship success. i think he will make the top 5 at least.

Isn't it sad that we think, me too, that if Danny doesn't make it here he will make a great praise singer. Perhaps we have the importance of the two rather backwards. Actually I think Danny is probably already a great worship leader. I like this guy alot and hope he is around for a long long time.

I think Danny will improve his staging over the season. He is a good singer, really good, he is right there with the music. He will go far or we are all really lame. Vote Vote Vote

I also like Adam Lambert he has great stage presence and I hope Danny picks of some of that himself.
    Last edited by DesertRose; 03-11-2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Not a Adam Lambert thread

I admit he is good but I still don't like him.

I initially didn't think he deserved to be in the Top 12-13, but after tomorrow, I can see that he does. He very much enjoyed his performance.

PYT, sung with a wardrobe like he chose was weird. All that was lacking was the elbow patches & a meerchaum pipe. He'll stick around for a long time, but I'm not sure it will be on talent alone.

FORT Regular

I really like Danny and his performance last night was amazing! Great song choice & great performance - well done Danny!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I loved everything about his performance. I liked his outfit, his dance, it all worked for me.

+ Reply to Thread