+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3401984;
    I really like Danny and have from the first. I think if he wants to win this competition he needs to do something different though. Do something unexpected. Others are getting better, so he needs to step up his game.
    I don't want to see him fade! You're right, he needs to surprise everyone by doing something unexpected - he's been so good all along, that we've come to expect a good performance - now we need a great performance! They say his and Lil's rankings in popularity are slipping - that they got so much attention at first but now people are cooling on them. I hope he can rev things up again!

I think he needs to give up the inspirational, message themed songs and go for F!U!N!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3402868;
    I think he needs to give up the inspirational, message themed songs and go for F!U!N!
    I've been a Danny fan from the start but I'm not sure he can pull off the fun rock songs. He sort of tried that and his standing as frontrunner slipped.
    The problem he has is that what he does best, the ballads, get monotonous to all but his biggest supporters.
    He does need to step it up against improving competition, but I'm not sure what he can do at this point.

I have to say that I just don't understand the Gokey love. As Randy would say, "He's just aiiight for me." I think he's okay and has a good singing voice, but he bores me to death.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

As long as Danny stays in the competition I at the very least will have the comfort of knowing that he will stand in the way of Adam winning. As for Danny as a singer he has an amazing voice and has had some good and bad performances. His genre is definitely the soul and R&B kind of music.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3402868;
    PYT and Get Ready were the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3402953;
    I've been a Danny fan from the start but I'm not sure he can pull off the fun rock songs. He sort of tried that and his standing as frontrunner slipped.
    The problem he has is that what he does best, the ballads, get monotonous to all but his biggest supporters.
    He does need to step it up against improving competition, but I'm not sure what he can do at this point.
    Problem is, expectations were so high for him at the beginning. He's trying to mix it up (fun rock songs) but it didn't go over very well. Then if he keeps doing what he does well, they'll say he's being too safe. I agree he needs to find some way to step it up and surprise everyone, but still make the judges happy (so no dancing). I really like him and want him to do well!

I'm not sure Danny needs to change it up dramatically. I believe he's got a huge fan base and they like what they see/hear so far. Sometimes you've got to stay in your lane especially if it's working.

I think we're going to have a Danny/Adam finale where the audience will have a clear choice to make. They are very different artists and will both be successful.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-07-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Danny should sing a ballad, time to change a little at least for 1 week. He's been sounding the same nearly every week.

My problem w/enjoying Danny is that I seldom watch-I mainly just listen. He is a joy to listen to. (and it's not really a problem)

+ Reply to Thread