+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

I really like Danny, but I'm so disappointed in his performance. That was so karaoke, and I agree with Simon. I think he'll be around for a while, but I hope he does better next week.

I thought Danny did quite well last night but I'm curious as to why he didn't heed Smoky's adivce.

If they weren't running out of time (Which was uncalled for since it was a two hour show!!! Too much judges' stuff.) I bet the judges would have questioned him about his decision. Maybe Danny had a good reason for having the back up singers sing those words, but we'll never know. Too bad because I think it made him seem egotistical and above any advice from Smokey. Hope it doesn't hurt him.

The problem I am having with Danny is that somehow he is sounding the same to me each week. I can't even tell you what he's sung so far as it all is blending into one long same-sounding song in my memory. I'm sad about that as he was one of my early favorites. He's now going down on my list each week. Even his personality is starting to grate on me. (and yeah it did come across that he blew off Smokey's advice)

I hate to say it - but if he were voted off this week, I'd not miss him. I don't think that will happen of course. I hope he steps it up or at least makes me feel he's memorable next week.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3393785;
    His enthusiasm is infectious. I like this guy.
    I agree. He's still my favorite and I really enjoyed his performance last night.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I think Danny did OK last night, I'm glad to see he's mixing it up between ballads and up-tempo numbers. And he looked much better last night, I completely take back my last post which said he could lose a few pounds, it's just that jacket last week made him look huge!

Also it didn't bother me too much that Danny didn't take Smokey's advice since Smokey wasn't one of the better mentors I have seen on this show.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3393841;
    I thought Danny did quite well last night but I'm curious as to why he didn't heed Smoky's adivce.

If they weren't running out of time (Which was uncalled for since it was a two hour show!!! Too much judges' stuff.) I bet the judges would have questioned him about his decision. Maybe Danny had a good reason for having the back up singers sing those words, but we'll never know. Too bad because I think it made him seem egotistical and above any advice from Smokey. Hope it doesn't hurt him.
    I couldn't believe that they didn't call him out on not taking Smokey's advice. It was ignoring the elephant in the room because that was on everyone's mind. It came off as a slap in Smokey's face and it really lowered my opinion of Danny. I can't believe how disrespectful he was with Smokey sitting right there in front of him. He should at least have had the decency to try and explain why he ignored the advice.:nono I am not a Danny fan anymore!

FORT Fogey

I will reserve judgement until Danny at least has an opportunity to explain himself. Perhaps he tried it that way in rehearsals and didn't like it or was not comfortable with it. Advice is just that.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;3394031;
    I will reserve judgement until Danny at least has an opportunity to explain himself. Perhaps he tried it that way in rehearsals and didn't like it or was not comfortable with it. Advice is just that.
    I just find it odd that the judges did not question him or ask him to explain himself right there on stage??? I reserved my judgement by not voting for Danny actually....the time for explanations on Idol is before the phone lines open IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;3394031;
    I don't believe Smokey should be that insulted, I agree that is exactly what advice is for, it's a suggestion but ultimately it's up to the singer to decide for himself how he wants to perform.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;3394037;
    I don't believe Smokey should be that insulted, I agree that is exactly what advice is for, it's a suggestion but ultimately it's up to the singer to decide for himself how he wants to perform.
    I agree that advice doesn't have to be taken, but it was the way the whole thing was presented. Danny agreed to Smokey's advice and said the he thought Smokey knew best on the video and then 30 seconds later, does the opposite. If there had been some sort of explanation like he tried and it didn't work or something, it would have been no big deal, but completely disregarding the whole thing and not saying anything came off as arrogant (in my opinion). He should have given Smokey the respect of an explanation.

+ Reply to Thread