+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Gokey - Season 8

Re: Danny Gokey - Season 8

I'm going to go out on a limb (where's that out-on-a-limb emoticon ) and say that Danny won't win.....unless he really steps up his game - and I like Danny. I think he rushed through the beginning of his song to get to the power section. It was an uneven performance to me. I think he can do better (and I love his glasses). I just think that there are more ways to really own your song than adding riffs all over the place. That's not owning it....that's being indulgent, IMHO. It's like adding sprinkles to a bowl of ice cream. If the ice cream is nothing special, the sprinkles won't make it memorable either.

Again...I like Danny, and would like to see him go far. I just hope he steps it up. And I agree with ThePinkOtterPop -- those family members are not doing this guy any favors by waving around his wife's picture.

I like Danny's voice quite a bit, but I haven't really warmed up to his personality yet... I'm glad at least he realizes though that he does need to keep working to improve his vocals. The first half of "Jesus Take the Wheel" sounded really bad and I could tell he was really struggling with the verses. I'm not very familiar with the song but the verses sounded very wordy and awkward but Danny should have done better. He sounded good in the chorus.

The jacket looked terrible on him, and I wonder why he would wear something like that to cover himself in 80 degree weather?? Although he could probably stand to lose a few pounds, and I won't be at all surprised if Simon tells him that, just like he told Josh Gracin in season 2.

Danny started out to be my very favorite this season, but is slowly slipping in placement. I thought his performance last night was very mediocre, at best. I think Matt can outsing him easily.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3393635;
    Danny started out to be my very favorite this season, but is slowly slipping in placement. I thought his performance last night was very mediocre, at best. I think Matt can outsing him easily.
    Matt, Kris, & Adam, & I'd even throw Anoop in there as out singing Danny.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Matt's my favorite, so yeah, I think he can outsing Danny.

Can Anoop? No, not from where I'm sitting. With Kris, it's a very close tie.

His performance last night wasn't his best, but I would rank it in the middle overall. There were far worse.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Last night wasn't his best performance, but I still love him. It was a fun performance, but I would have liked to see him sing something else.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

His enthusiasm is infectious. I like this guy.

FORT Fan

Hi....

I was disappointed in Danny last night. I love love love the Temptations and I don't think he did this song justice, it was very kareoke. He didn't folllow Smokey's advice, and no one called him out on that??

He was great in the beginning but last week and this week?? I am NOT feeling the Danny love as much.
    The judges are sooo right tho about "song choice". I think that he can improve but he really needs to rethink the
    song choices

FORT Fogey

Did he change the words to the song?

I thought one line was "make love to you" and he sung "Make you love me too".

I thought he cleaned it up to fit his "image"...or not...so let me know if I am wrong.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3393802;
    Did he change the words to the song?

I thought one line was "make love to you" and he sung "Make you love me too".

I thought he cleaned it up to fit his "image"...or not...so let me know if I am wrong.

Danny sang the correct lyrics. As far as I know it is 'make you love me too.'
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread