+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Anoop Desai - Season 8

Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

Anoop just needs to go ahead and pack his bags. He's just not good enough to be a solo artist. Nothing special about him.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3401963;
    It seems like there are others that have no problems with song choice. If they don't get the song they want they rearrange the song they get & that is what we should be looking for in an ARTIST.
    That's a good point, but I think there are plenty of successful artists who owe their success at least in part to the Quincy Jones' of the world. If the show is really meant to find out who has the most potential for marketability, then it would be in their interest to help the contestants put their best foot forward.

When he started, he seemed like a pretty likable guy. He's just not very likable to me anymore and his voice/song choice just seems to blend every week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean;3401419;
    AI is full of amateur wannabes - nothing new.

They are all amateur wannabes...until they're not. That's just how they all start out and the way most stay..even some of the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3402493;
    When he started, he seemed like a pretty likable guy. He's just not very likable to me anymore and his voice/song choice just seems to blend every week.
    Yes, he was more likeable in the beginning. He does have a good voice, though, and I was really rooting for him early on. I wish he'd show a fun/easygoing side of his personality.

His eyebrows scare me. I think he's good-looking when he's smiling, but when he's straining his forehead takes on an evil appearance giving me no desire to see him.

FORT Fogey

Adam has not found his niche. Neither has Matt. It will be the end of them if they don't get it together soon.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3403120;
    Adam has not found his niche. Neither has Matt. It will be the end of them if they don't get it together soon.
    You mean Anoop, right?

'Cause Adam staked out his art-rock territory from the word go and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3402502;
    They are all amateur wannabes...until they're not. That's just how they all start out and the way most stay..even some of the winners.
    Could not agree with you more. I have lost interest and creditability in AI since Season 5. I watch until they get to the top 5 and then I usually lose interest because they have already chosen who they want to win so what it is use in watching. I will probably not care for who does win so I won't waste my time.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3401980;
    Anoop just needs to go ahead and pack his bags.
    Anoop already.

Yeah, sometimes I ask myself, are those people the best out of thousands and thousands?
    Some of them certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean;3404012;
    Could not agree with you more. I have lost interest and creditability in AI since Season 5. I watch until they get to the top 5 and then I usually lose interest because they have already chosen who they want to win so what it is use in watching. I will probably not care for who does win so I won't waste my time.
    I usually get into the Idol thing and the contestants during a season.
    But a week after the final show, I forgot all about them.
    Like I wrote about David Cook, he is so "last year".
    When I look at the contestants of the previous seasons (on the official AI site),
    most of them appear to me as clichés of themselves.
    Like Blake Lewis and his "beat boxing everything to death style".

There are only two people I have taken notice of, outside of the Idol arena.
    Carrie Underwood and Clay Aiken.
    They have found a place in their styles of music.
    Carrie in popular music, and Clay on Broadway.
    Not that I would buy their music, but they have accomplished something that is respectable.

+ Reply to Thread