+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Anoop Desai - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

He got such a big boost during Hollywood week so I am sorry that he never lived up to the hype

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I thought Anoop was lucky that Megan got the ax last night because he deserved as well. His last performance was comical, it was so bad! Like Ray Ramano trying to act sexy - it just doesn't work!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3401347;
    I thought Anoop was lucky that Megan got the ax last night because he deserved as well. His last performance was comical, it was so bad! Like Ray Ramano trying to act sexy - it just doesn't work!
    OMG...he DOES look like Ray

Anoop = amateur, wanna-be. The end.

AI is full of amateur wannabes - nothing new.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Anoop seems like he's gotten lots of praise from parents, and others, through the years. I think he truly sees himself as a great singer. In fairness, I do think he can carry a tune. But, I don't see him as a rock star or an R & B star - just a guy who can sing along to the vocals on his IPOD, radio, or TV.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Premium Member

I like Anoop, he is certainly better than some still on there IMO.

FORT Fogey

I think Anoop is a great vocalist. However, he does have a problem. Matt has the same one.

One reason why I think man of us liked Anoop in the beginning is that it was fun watching a preppy boy with soul. As time went on, it was clear that although he has the talent, his college choir experience combined with a privelaged suburban upbringing and upturned collars just don't cut it with that genre. As much as likes it, it will never fly.

Matt is the same way. He started out singing Ray Charles, and other soul numbers. Yet he insists on performing indie rock. As much as he says he likes it, it will never fly. He is too much of a soul singer.

For whatever reason, Anoop and Matt are drawn to genres that just don't work on the AI stage.

Maybe AFTER the competition is over they can TRY careers in their preferred genres, but not during the show. They aren't doing themselves any favors.

I would like for them to listen to the judges so we can enjoy them so far. As it is, and left to their own devices, they are losing it fast. Which is a shame because they WERE on two of my favorites.

If they listen to the judges, they can pull it out. There is still time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3401704;
    I think Anoop is a great vocalist. However, he does have a problem. Matt has the same one.

One reason why I think man of us liked Anoop in the beginning is that it was fun watching a preppy boy with soul. As time went on, it was clear that although he has the talent, his college choir experience combined with a privelaged suburban upbringing and upturned collars just don't cut it with that genre. As much as likes it, it will never fly.

Matt is the same way. He started out singing Ray Charles, and other soul numbers. Yet he insists on performing indie rock. As much as he says he likes it, it will never fly. He is too much of a soul singer.

For whatever reason, Anoop and Matt are drawn to genres that just don't work on the AI stage.

Maybe AFTER the competition is over they can TRY careers in their preferred genres, but not during the show. They aren't doing themselves any favors.

I would like for them to listen to the judges so we can enjoy them so far. As it is, and left to their own devices, they are losing it fast. Which is a shame because they WERE on two of my favorites.

If they listen to the judges, they can pull it out. There is still time.
    Jexter, ITA - I think they should all be getting more input on what songs to sing. I'm sure they don't want to just be told what to sing every week, but some of them would be doing far better in the competition if they were choosing different songs - Matt and Anoop are definitely two of them, as you point out.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3401908;
    Jexter, ITA - I think they should all be getting more input on what songs to sing. I'm sure they don't want to just be told what to sing every week, but some of them would be doing far better in the competition if they were choosing different songs - Matt and Anoop are definitely two of them, as you point out.
    It seems like there are others that have no problems with song choice. If they don't get the song they want they rearrange the song they get & that is what we should be looking for in an ARTIST.

+ Reply to Thread