+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Anoop Desai - Season 8

Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3396289;
    I'm a huge Anoop fan! I thought he did a technically good performance this week with Oooh Baby Baby but the problem with his performance is that he needed to sex it up and he just didn't do that at all. The weird thing is that he's a REALLY sexy guy on his own. I wonder if he doesn't realize that he has a natural sex appeal. I hope he learns how to use it because it was definitely necessary for that song and for R&B in general.
    Yep -- that's exactly my point. It was technically good. I'm not going to be compelled to buy a CD of technically well sung music. I want to fall into the music -- that's where the magic is. Whether it's pure rock, R&B or country or whatever. I felt it with Adam's Tracks of My Tears, and Carrie's I Told You So....and going back, I felt it with anything by David Cook, or Imagine by David A. Even Hallejlujah by Jason Castro. For me, it's when I heard Allison sing Alone. There's something magical to the performance, not just singing the notes on key. I guess I'm just spoiled by previous contestants (3 guesses which one in particular! )

I tend to like idols through good performances all the way to bad. They all seem to have at least one performance that stands out like Daughtry's "Hemmorhage" and Michael Johns' "It's all wrong and it's all right" but it's not always early in the season. I liked David C last season but the only song I loved was "Hello". I've enjoyed all of Anoop's even when it wasn't the best because there's something about him I really like. Other's feel that way about Adam who doesn't do much for me or Kris who I find boring. Allison and Matt are ones I do like and would love to see them along with Anoop go a long way.

I know what you mean....it's so much fun when someone you like performs well. Honestly, you just never know each week. It's such a short time to get to know the material.

I was really surprised by Anoop's last song. He kept me listening intently the entire song to see if it was going to be any good. I think it was.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3397205;
    I was really surprised by Anoop's last song. He kept me listening intently the entire song to see if it was going to be any good. I think it was.
    You hit the nail on the head as to why I just don't think he's that special. I, too, thought it was good, but I wasn't really sure. What I do know is that it wasn't great and I want to see great. Or at least memorable. He hasn't done that for me yet.

His last 2 performances put me to sleep.

Each to their own. I'm bored by others that people seem to like (Kris).

I'm looking forward to seeing what Anoop comes up with tonight. He's under pressure to pick a good song as are all of them. I just hope he doesn't get the death spot.

I live in the land of Anoop, and was all excited about him when he recovered from the "Beat It" debacle with that nice job with Willie Nelson's "You Were Always on my Mind" on Grand Ole Opry night, but...

I predict this is the end for Anoop, even though Megan deserves to get the boot. And the judges won't save him.

On a related note, here is a nice article about Anoop in today's Raleigh News & Observer: Desai aims for Indian star's popularity - Local & State - News & Observer
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 04-01-2009 at 09:24 PM.

FORT Fan

I like Anoop....nice guy, nice voice....but lacking star power

He is very likable...I could see him doing some future "Idol" promo stuff or "Idol" correspondent type stuff
    I can imagine him on a "celeb" (minor celeb) reality show like "I'm a Celeb get me out of here" or a "Celeb Apprentence" or something

and an opening act?? yes

but a star?? No I don't think so sad to say..but he seems nice and I would hope he can outlast Lil Rounds

I thought Anoop did a good job with the song he sang this week, but it was a song I was unfamiliar with and so it was harder for me to connect to. I don't think its required that I know the song to connect, but it helps. He has a great voice. I did agree with the judges, though, that he hasn't really pegged his style in his performances yet, and I was surprised to hear him say he wants to be an R&B performer. I don't see R&B for Anoop - if that's what he's going for, I don't think he's going to do well.

+ Reply to Thread