+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Anoop Desai - Season 8

Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

He improved from Top 13 but that performance wasn't hard to top.

He definitely has a fan base, but I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why.

I am wondering why, as well. He seemed likable enough at the beginning, but I find nothing exceptional about him. Just kind of bland.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Always on my mind put me to sleep.

I actually loved his version of Always on my Mind. I liked his version AS WELL as Willie Nelson's version. And I really love Willie Nelson. According to my parents, when I was a baby the only way they could get me to sleep is to put in a Willie Nelson (or Charlie Pride worked as well) 8 track in the VW bus and drive around the block
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3388778;
    I actually loved his version of Always on my Mind. I liked his version AS WELL as Willie Nelson's version. And I really love Willie Nelson. According to my parents, when I was a baby the only way they could get me to sleep is to put in a Willie Nelson (or Charlie Pride worked as well) 8 track in the VW bus and drive around the block
    You must have been a well-loved baby! Falling asleep with Willie Nelson "on your mind" must have been a very sweet slumber!

I like Anoop but don't see him as the American Idol. He doesn't seem to have a preferred genre other than entertaining in general. I am surprised Simon hasn't mentioned that he should be singing on a cruise ship -- or maybe he has? I think the biggest thing about Anoop is his likable personality and not to mention his fan base from UNC-Chapel Hill. I do think he will do well on the DWTS circuit show as part of group entertainment.

Would someone please tell me how Anoop has stayed in this competition so long? He was likeable at first, and he has a fair voice, but he's so karaoke to me. I don't see anything unique in his interpretation of the songs, and can't figure out what genre he'd fall into outside of AI. Very forgettable...I mean, I had to go to page 2 to even find this thread.

I guess Anoop doesn't have many fans here although I do think he has a pretty strong fanbase overall. I loved his performance last week but like Randy want him to step it up and do something more upbeat this time. Anoop does have a preferred genre which is R&B and would love to do songs like Ne-Yo. I think he's appealing and enjoy his personality over someone like Kris who I find bland/boring although cute.

I'm a huge Anoop fan! I thought he did a technically good performance this week with Oooh Baby Baby but the problem with his performance is that he needed to sex it up and he just didn't do that at all. The weird thing is that he's a REALLY sexy guy on his own. I wonder if he doesn't realize that he has a natural sex appeal. I hope he learns how to use it because it was definitely necessary for that song and for R&B in general.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I like Anoop. He's not the best singer in the show, but he is decent and has a very likeable persona. People have been successful with less - probably even some of the AI winners.

+ Reply to Thread