+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anoop Desai - Season 8

Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

I thought earlier on that he would make it into the top 10, but I felt a little "beat" up after his performance. It was pretty lackluster to me. I'm not so sure he will make it unless his fan base carries him through.

Anoop has been give 2 reprives, 2 more chances, one as a WC and one more by the fans, hope he steps it up, he has the ability.

FORT Fogey

I think that Anoop has fallen victim to his early hype. He's got the talent as a singer, and because people took so much notice of him so quickly, I think he's convinced himself that is enough. Right now, he's not displaying the star power, and it's really showing. He's got to get out of the business of choosing songs that he likes, and start choosing songs that he can do the most with.

I was happy that Michael got in over Anoop the first week but now, even though most people think Michael did better, I'd give up Michael for Anoop. I kind of enjoyed Beat It even though I know it wasn't really all that well done. I think he deserves to make the tour but I do hope he improves enough to deserve more.

Kim

FORT Fogey

I love Anoops voice (including this week on Beat It), but Anoop is clearly not cut out for this competition. Anyone who comes out and does that song without putting any kind of personal spin on it is just screaming "I have no idea who I am as a performer so I'm just going to treat AI as the world's biggest karaoke bar". I have to conclude that Anoop has nothing to say. He needs to take a couple of years and do nothing but music to get some clue as to what he has to contribute to the culture.

FORT Newbie

I'm mostly just a lurker, but I just listened to Anoop's studio version of Beat It on iTunes (is it okay to mention that?). It's about a million times better than the live version on Tuesday night.

I think he's adorable, but I wasn't a huge fan of his performance this week. The studio track reinforced to me that he deserves his spot. I hope he can rebound next week!

I like Anoop's studio version better too, Clubber. I know he has the voice, he just needs to pick the right song. I really liked his wildcard performance and think he was trying to go for that feel but it wasn't the right song for him. The theme next week doesn't do him any favors but he's just got to choose something that suits his voice and makes a good impression on the judges and fans. No pressure, lol.

Anoop needs to do two things. Pluck those eyebrows, and get some stylish clothes. He definitely has the talent. He just needs the look. Show your confidence Anoop! Please sing a Boyz to Men song too. Noone ever sings their songs and I just love their music! Good luck to Anoop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3380166;
    I didn't think he was smug at all. I liked how he was quiet and listened to the judges and didn't back talk them. The expression on his face looked like he was taking in their criticism constructively to me. Perhaps that is the expression that looked smug to you
    We are all entitled to our opinions here.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3381089;
    Anoop has been give 2 reprives, 2 more chances, one as a WC and one more by the fans, hope he steps it up, he has the ability.
    Kind of like a cat. Only 7 more lives to go.

He has been disappointing the last two rounds....I like him and hope steps it up as well.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-14-2009 at 12:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread