+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 161

Thread: Anoop Desai - Season 8

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3410774;
    If I was him, I would dig into my cultural background, add some Tabla percussion every now and then,
    take a song and turn it into a "Slumdog Millionaire Version".
    Anything to surprise the viewers.
    But no.
    He is either close to a comic impression of the act he recreates (upbeat song), or boring (slow song).

    BTW, that might sound like a harsh critique,
    but American Idol is not about helping a friend or a good guy,
    it's about finding a star.

    BTW2, all my critiques are about the "stage persona", not about the person.
    But, if you get up on any stage, you better be good, or you leave that stage.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. That Slumdog idea would be brilliant right about now, but I doubt he'll think of that. I think he's going to continue down this road regardless of what the jusdges say (the same goes for Lil).

    BTW Kyle, I like both your BTW's.

  2. #132
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3410650;
    He was in a men's singing group at Carolina (UNC-Chapel Hill) called the Clefhangers. I think I read that Anoop was like the lead Clefhanger.
    Thanks TeacherLady. I just can't get the preppy look out of my head.

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3410929;
    I couldn't have said it better myself. That Slumdog idea would be brilliant right about now, but I doubt he'll think of that.
    On the contrary, I'm sure his mother tells him that every week. "Why don't you do a nice Bollywood song?"

    She alternates this with "When are you going to settle down with a nice Indian girl?"


  4. #134
    FORT Fogey Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,017

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    Indian? Or the "politically incorrect" Indian?


  5. #135
    FORT Fogey TeacherLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Out in the boonies of NC
    Posts
    1,308

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3410981;
    On the contrary, I'm sure his mother tells him that every week. "Why don't you do a nice Bollywood song?"

    She alternates this with "When are you going to settle down with a nice Indian girl?"

    Hee Hee Hee! But so true. You must have been listening outside of Mrs. Desai's window!

    I think Anoop needs to go back to Carolina and finish his graduate program like a good son, and eventually he probably will settle down with that proverbial nice Indian girl. He could still sing with the Clefhangers, if they allow grad students -- I assume they do. He has talent, and singing could be a fun thing he does all of his life.

    I love the sound of Anoop's voice, but I agree with others in this thread who have said that he needs to be part of a group.

  6. #136
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3410774;
    If I was him, I would dig into my cultural background, add some Tabla percussion every now and then,
    take a song and turn it into a "Slumdog Millionaire Version".
    Anything to surprise the viewers.
    But no.
    He is either close to a comic impression of the act he recreates (upbeat song), or boring (slow song).

    Brilliant idea! That would be fascinating to watch and so different. Not really a Bollywood song, but there are American songs that have used Indian instruments over the years, including movie themes. But I don't think Anoop would have the guts or creativity to do it.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

  7. #137
    FORT Fogey TeacherLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Out in the boonies of NC
    Posts
    1,308

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3411271;
    Brilliant idea! That would be fascinating to watch and so different. Not really a Bollywood song, but there are American songs that have used Indian instruments over the years, including movie themes. But I don't think Anoop would have the guts or creativity to do it.
    "Ring of Fire" had sitars in it. Dang, he missed out!

    (Just kidding! Love Adam, loved his "Ring of Fire".)

  8. #138
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    You know, he could do a George Harrison song. Plenty of Indian influence there, and great material as well! (I think it's too late for Anoop, though.)

  9. #139
    FORT Fogey TeacherLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Out in the boonies of NC
    Posts
    1,308

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3411468;
    You know, he could do a George Harrison song. Plenty of Indian influence there, and great material as well! (I think it's too late for Anoop, though.)
    What a great idea. He might last a little longer if he would do something like that. But I just can't see it happening...

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,017

    Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8




    When it comes to getting attention, Anoop could learn from Sanjaya.
    I'm sure that would buy him another week.

    Last edited by Kyle; 04-13-2009 at 04:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.