+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Anoop Desai - Season 8

Re: Anoop Desai - Season 8

Nadia wasn't a good singer.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3408708;
    Exactly what I thought! I thought it was Anoop's best performance. And I don't really like the song, and like Cyndi even less. But I enjoyed the version Anoop did quite a bit. I even threw him a few votes, and he's not even one of my favorites.

Nadia Turner did the song in season 4, and it wasn't very good. I liked her too.
    I think she sang Time After Time and landed her in bottom 2. But besides that, I really like Anoop but is losing ground to other the guys. IMO I think America is getting it right so far. The ones who should be going (with the exception of Lil) are the ones being sent home

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Anoop is losing ground with me. He seems to be getting worse as the competition wears on. I think he'll go soon.

FORT Fan

I actually liked this last performance by Anoop....don't think he has it in him to be the "idol" however

He is likable....and wish him the best, whatever that might be for him

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3404974;
    Anoop already.

There are only two people I have taken notice of, outside of the Idol arena.
    Carrie Underwood and Clay Aiken.
    They have found a place in their styles of music.
    Carrie in popular music, and Clay on Broadway.
    Not that I would buy their music, but they have accomplished something that is respectable.
    Anyone else see Clay Aiken on America's next top model as a guest judge for "Acting"??? Was quite surprised to see him there and they referred to his acting on Broadway! Guess his record sales need boosting????

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3409066;
    Anyone else see Clay Aiken on America's next top model as a guest judge for "Acting"??? Was quite surprised to see him there and they referred to his acting on Broadway! Guess his record sales need boosting????
    Artists need to advertise their work/products.
    That's why Flo Rida was on Idol.

FORT Fogey

Anoop seems like one of those guys who was the shiny penny while growing up. He was probably one of the better students and singers and popular.

I think this show is putting him in his place, and while I don't think he has a problem with it (i.e. he strikes me as confident but not arrogant), it is hard for him to understand and deal with. He's a bit lost right now. A little dose of humble pie will help him in life so it's not a bad thing.

I like him, though, and hope he hits a stride this week.

Oh, and he has to realize that he is not from the same culture as those who sing the music he likes, i.e. rap, hip-hop. THe sooner he realizes that he looks like a kid playing make-believe when he performs these songs, the better.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3408912;
    Nadia wasn't a good singer.
    hum, i thought she was great and different

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3409171;

Oh, and he has to realize that he is not from the same culture as those who sing the music he likes, i.e. rap, hip-hop. THe sooner he realizes that he looks like a kid playing make-believe when he performs these songs, the better.
    You said loudly everything people are saying quietly. This is just so true.

Anoop is still my favorite and I know he'll go soon but what really makes me mad is that they're continually messing with him. It wasn't necessary to make him think he was going to the couch when Lil was sent there. They're not only jerking him around but also his fans.

I keep saying this but he needs to relax and not worry about what the judges say because it's clear the producers/judges are done with him and want him to go. I read a recap of someone in the audience last night and they said he looked really dejected when he was in the bottom 3 chairs even though he mostly hid it on air. They also said he was very sweet to Scott, helping him during the group song and when they were in the bottom 3.

+ Reply to Thread