+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

FORT Regular

Re: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Didn't she arrive from Trailer Park USA? More power to her the longer she stays. She could add on to the double wide or buy a Mansion. You go girl.

FORT Fogey

I just never warmed to her. She does have a big voice...with a vocal maturity far beyond her years...but I don't LIKE her especially. Her previous bottom three appearance didn't surprise me and the potential for tonight doesn't either.

Maybe it is her hair..that has to be a wig since the color at one point during the video last night was so artificial red and the styling/cut looked different
    than what she had on the show.

Another fantastic performance from Allison last night! The guitar was nice too.

I just love her, she is so cute.

Her outfit didn't really bother me because she is a 16-year-old after all (although I agree with Kara that she doesn't need it).
    Ain't Love Grand!

I have loved Alison as I like rocker chicks that can sing. I don't think that was a very good performance last night. But why the judges spent so much time on her outfit throws me. I didn't care for it - but I didn't hate it. I'd have rather had them talk more about her performance. It felt rushed to me - like she was bulldozing through it. I do hope she doesn't go home. I still like her and would like to see her in the Top 3.

I thought Allison's outfit was cute and appropriate for her age and genre. I just couldn't stand her yelling the song. She really needs training on how to use her vocal power for emotional nuance. Like other kids and young adults with powerful vocal chords, she hasn't learned how to modulate them to advance the meaning of a song. Adam has the same problem occasionally.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3400075;
    I thought Allison's outfit was cute and appropriate for her age and genre. I just couldn't stand her yelling the song. She really needs training on how to use her vocal power for emotional nuance. Like other kids and young adults with powerful vocal chords, she hasn't learned how to modulate them to advance the meaning of a song. Adam has the same problem occasionally.
    --
    I agree 100%. She has all the vocal power in the world but I'm not sure if she really knows how to use it.

I also liked Allison's outfit last night. If I was 16 years old I would be on my way to the beauty supply store right now. Her dress was over the top but still fun, again the girl is 16 years old. Her following would also be young. I don't think she was dressing up like "anything." She was dressing for exactly who she is and that person is fun.

Allison's voice is just wonderful, she already has "it" and learning more control will only help her. I hope she stays because she is much better than some of the guys.

She has some strong vocals which could benefit by more control. I like rockers, but I find it harder to look at Allison due to that hair than it is to look at Megan's tattos or last season's contestant with the tattoos.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

From the AI web site.

Cute!

That looks like a Catholic school uniform.

+ Reply to Thread