+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Re: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Does 'she's only 16' have to be repeated every week ?

I want to like this girl because I usually like female singers with some rock edge, but for some reason I just don't get her. She picks the right songs, she is a good singer and she has big pipes but I think she sounds a bit flat and breathy most of the time. There's just something wrong.

Allison is a natural talent and if justice is served, she'll be in the finals. It's really unfortunate that she doesn't have a trumped-up sob story the producers can shove down the audience's collective throats every chance they can get like a certain other contestant with much more inferior vocal ability.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;3394831;
    I want to like this girl because I usually like female singers with some rock edge, but for some reason I just don't get her. She picks the right songs, she is a good singer and she has big pipes but I think she sounds a bit flat and breathy most of the time. There's just something wrong.
    Well, part of the problem also is that sometimes she will shout an entire song, like she did, unrelentingly, on Wednesday. I couldn't stand her performance. It was as if she were loudly singing "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" with an R&B style. She is basically a child prodigy with great vocal pipes but not the maturity to make most of her songs sound meaningful.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Allison has been in my top 4 from the start, and the only female. I, too, wish they'd stop making constant references to her age, but at the same time it is pretty amazing. I hope she sticks around a while.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

shes is in my 'Dream F4" with Matt and Adam and Kris (Sorry hes moved past Danny)
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I love Allison's voice, I think she's amazing. And despite the judges constantly shoving the "she's only 16" down our throats...it still blows me away that she is only 16 Pillbeam, I agree with you that she lacks maturity, but IMO, that's about the only thing lacking vocally (and image wise too), and that should come with time. I hope she goes far in this competition.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I can't wait to see what she sings tonight. She is my official favorite as of last week.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3398505;
    I can't wait to see what she sings tonight. She is my official favorite as of last week.

Hopefully, she will sing even louder this week. That shouting was awesome last time, and you can't get too much of a good thing, can you?
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I'm so glad to see that Allison is finally getting some notice. I couldn't believe she was in the B3 two weeks ago. I hope she stays out of there. She just might be my favorite too.

+ Reply to Thread