+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3387496;
    Do a youtube search for Allison and you'll find some video of her when she was on “quinceañera” a Telemundo show. She won the show, $50,000 and a recording contract. She's been performing Heart for quite some time now.
    Here's a performance from when she was 14.

The Dissident News: Allison Iraheta on Telemundo two years ago when she was 14
    that amazes me. Maybe she is better speaking Spanish because she--even young-- has no real ability to relate to an audience. I just am surprised that she has had so much exposure . She appears rather immature.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3387821;
    that amazes me. Maybe she is better speaking Spanish because she--even young-- has no real ability to relate to an audience. I just am surprised that she has had so much exposure . She appears rather immature.

I think she has a hard time connecting on AI because of her youth and nerves. She is a rising star in the Latin community and was been plunked down into mainstream America on AI. I also wonder if she finds it awkward to find her place on the show.

I like her, though, and she could be a decent role model for young girls so I hope she finds continued success in the real world. For me, on AI, she just doesn't do it.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-21-2009 at 03:10 AM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't see any sign of nerves from Allison. I think her inability to "connect" is due to the age-old problem of women having a hard time making it in rock music. They have to work that much harder and be that much better to make it. And to make it on AI is that much harder. She definitely connects with me, and though I know she isn't going to win this or even come close, I think she is a better singer than most of those still in this contest.

She's not a woman though, she's still a girl. She's spent her life playacting the part of the rock singer, and it shows. My problem with her is that she makes horrible overacting faces and gestures, and has not internalized what she is singing. She has an awesome voice, but doesn't emote and comes across to me as a precocious teenager. Like Jasmine, I think she should have waited a couple of years.

Allison's Papa was a Rolling Stone last night made her my official favorite.

She not only sang the heck out of that song, she's a fantastic performer. Her emotional delivery for that song was perfect.
    Ain't Love Grand!

She was the only girl I enjoyed.

I voted for her and I rarely vote at all.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Allison is my favorite of the girls. Love her voice. She never deserved to be in the B3 last week. I have no idea why Simon said she had a bad week last week, nor did I understand why Paula said (last week) "based on the judges reviews" she should be in the B3 instead of Michael. I only remember compliments from the judges for her, but criticism about Michael - although I did like his performance last week. But Allison's was still much better.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Definitely the best of the ladies last night and much better than at least three (maybe four) of the guys. Loved the last note.

Doubt that she'll find herself in the Bottom Three again this week.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

She had the performance of the night. Outstanding. I haven't been her biggest fan, but I loved her last night
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread