Yay! I just love her.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3836624;
    Allison is going to perform on the first results show this Thursday:

Allison Iraheta on Thursday’s Idol - Show and Alumni News - American Idol

Yay! I just love her.
    Awesome! Too bad she's up against the Olympics, though.

I wonder what song she'll sing. IMO, she should give up on "Friday I'll Be Over U" and try something else... like "D is for Dangerous!"

I saw the "Friday" video by accident today. Throwback '80's pop rock, shades of early Joan Jett when she was with the Blackhearts, with a little Avril mixed in to make it "current". This girl's an old soul in a young body, which can work if marketed properly (Joss Stone), instead they're making her into a cartoon character. A Disney cartoon character, ugggh. Wrong material, wrong presentation. I'm sorry for that because she could be interesting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I read that Allison will be performing her new single off her CD, "Scars." Seems to me that was a favorite of somebody's on this board.

FORT Fogey

Happy 18th Birthday, Allison!

Exclusive photo: Allison Iraheta's birthday dinner with Kris Allen and David Cook!

I see 19 Entertainment took them out to dinner. They probably came armed with a briefcase full of contracts for Allison to sign now that she is no longer a minor.

Be sure and read that fine print, Allison!
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-27-2010 at 04:17 PM.

What a delightful photo! I was also glad to read that Katy was involved - I don't know if Kris ever mentions her in his travels, etc.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3887679;
    Happy 18th Birthday, Allison!

Exclusive photo: Allison Iraheta's birthday dinner with Kris Allen and David Cook!

I see 19 Entertainment took them out to dinner. They probably came armed with a briefcase full of contracts for Allison to sign now that she is no longer a minor.

Be sure and read that fine print, Allison!
    Isn't a er.... "new adult" still contractually bound by any legitimate agreements signed on their behalf while they were a minor?

You know it would suck to be that age and be from Washington, D.C. or Mississippi, where the age of majority is still 21.

And actually... I think a lot of Sports and Entertainment contracts ARE made with the minors themselves. There's established precedent. The parents are just kind of... co-signers at most. The exceptions are cases where the former minor comes back years later and can prove some kind of unreasonable coercion. Any contract signed by anybody is valid, I think, it all comes down to enforceability. The parental consent Allison had, presumably, for her existing contract, means it's still in force. It was HER signing the contract and the parents agreeing that in that case, they granted her the right to do so.

It is, I think, not all that different than a parent co-signing on a car loan.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-27-2010 at 05:33 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread