+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Re: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

I don't believe the power voting contingent of young girls are going to connect with her enough to vote, vote, vote.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3379459;
    The best of the girls. I hope she doesn't leave as predicted.
    She's almost like the inverse of Adam, I think. A bad image (or a non-existent one, since she barely has been mentioned in the previous rounds), no real built in fan base to speak of, but a genuine approach (versus Adam's poseur one).

Also, while Rock Guys seem to do well on Idol, Rock Chicks seem to get dumped on by the public. Who seem scared of them a bit or something. Or who just don't connect well to them.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think she was the best of the night, and yet it may take a miracle (or potential show/judge intervention) to save her. And even if they DO, it may only gain her a week. She could summon the spirit of Bonnie Raitt herself (who's alive, I know) into her body and I'm not sure it would make a difference.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think she rocked it, she just doesn't have an accessible bubbly personality or sob story to get her through. Voters are going to feel more compelled to vote for the chosen ones pimped out by the judges eg Danny, Adam, Lil or vote for the single moms eg Megan, Alexis or the good looking charming guys eg Anoop, Kris, Matt G or the ones with disabilities eg Scott.

For her it's just a matter of lasting as long as she can so she can get noticed, and a possible record deal out of it but she's not going to win, she has no chance, unfortunately.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

FORT Regular

I think they need to set Allison up with an image consultant. She doesn't present herself in a way that much of America will find appealing. She can already sing, and sing well, but she isn't connecting with the public yet.

This girl needs a makeover in the worst way. She is talented, but her look is distracting from her singing. That hair color is dreadful on her. It is unfortunate, but true. It isn't flattering and it looks like a cheap plastic wig someone might wear for Halloween.

She also needs an interview coach, as if she has any personality, it isn't coming through in the snippets. She may just be young or intimidated by the whole process, but right now, most of the others are gaining popularity as we learn more about them and she is not. I think she would really be helped in the competition by increasing her likeability somehow.

I enjoy rocker women, but she's not my fave by a long shot.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I couldn't understand a word she sang. It was all a long growl in time with the music. I love her, loved when she sang last week. But not so much this time, it was frustrating reading everybody going on about how awesome she was doing and not getting it because I could not understand her words! I think her lack of enunciation is going to do her in.

I downloaded her song on Itunes and just love it. If she does that well in the next few weeks she will grow in popularity. I don't think she will win it all, but I can see her being final four.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Allison is my favorite from the chicks in this competition. She has strong vocals, without being shrieky and shrill.

Does she have an image problem? Yes, I would say she does. She could use an ANTM intervention. Oh what Tyra would do with that mess!!! I didn't even notice the piercing. Couldn't get past the "what-shade-of-red-is-that?" hairdo.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Allison's biggest problem is that she comes across as a 16 year old in her interviews, but when you look at her she seems much older. If she can get past being so dorky in her interviews it would help her a great deal.

But damn, she can sing.

And yes, I know she is 16. So if she wasn't in a competition to get votes I wouldn't change a thing on her.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Several of my co-workers watch AI and they all love her. Of the people that vote, no one did. They all thought she was so good that she wouldn't need the votes. Maybe a lot of other people felt the same way? I think Alone sounded much better, but damn, the girl CAN sing. She seems like a VERY young 16 year old to me. Someone needs to help her out with hair and makeup. It would make a huge difference in her marketability. I hope she sticks around.

+ Reply to Thread