+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Re: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3411725;
    I'm pushing all of my votes her way. I hate that Simon may have caused her a confidence problem with his comment. She is not your usual teen singer in either looks or bubbly personality, but the girl can sing with passion. She can touch the heart, whereas bubble gum rots the teeth. Go Allison. Let's find you a fan base to compete with the big boys.

But Allison is bubble gum, just with a bluesy/rock veneer.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3411790;
    But Allison is bubble gum, just with a bluesy/rock veneer.
    Alone
    Give In To me
    Blame it On Your Heart
    Papa Was a Rolling Stone
    Donít Speak
    I Canít Make You Love Me
    I don't see any gummy material in there. I haven't heard any bubbley pop arrangements either. If you listened to these songs on an Allison Iraheta CD, what about them would say "Bubble Gum"?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3411807;
    Alone
    Give In To me
    Blame it On Your Heart
    Papa Was a Rolling Stone
    Don’t Speak
    I Can’t Make You Love Me
    I don't see any gummy material in there. I haven't heard any bubbley pop arrangements either. If you listened to these songs on an Allison Iraheta CD, what about them would say "Bubble Gum"?
    I agree, her song choices are not bubble gum. But to me, how she has been singing them on American Idol is bubble gum. It's like she's a teen-talent-show kid desperately trying to perform blues/rock with credibility. She hits the notes well and has a great bluesy voice, but I don't hear any conviction behind it.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I think she needs to take a hint from Adam Lambert's technique and soften it up once - just to show her range/skills to the max

I think she has a good set of pipes on her, especially for one so young, but I don't see that she would be easily marketed if she were to win. I also see a girl who has done a lot of singing from an early age and I don't think she's found her style yet.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

There's something about her enunciation (am I using the right word here?) that bugs me. It just sounds so weird and annoying when she sings "I'd sthill mhiss you bhaby and I dhon't whanna mhiss a thing", if you understand what I mean.

I think this song began to low for her & caused some major pitch issues.

After last night's performance, she has slipped a notch in my ratings. She is sounding to me like she is yelling most of the song now. It sounds TOO forced. The girl can sing, no doubt about that, but she needs to stop yelling.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Interesting Ė she got some of the best praise from the judges than she has in the past, yet there seems to be more negativity towards her on here than usual. It wasnít my favorite performance of hers, but sheís still getting almost all of my votes.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;3414250;
    There's something about her enunciation (am I using the right word here?) that bugs me. It just sounds so weird and annoying when she sings "I'd sthill mhiss you bhaby and I dhon't whanna mhiss a thing", if you understand what I mean.

I agree. Her enunciation can be sloppy. I'm not sure whether she is doing that deliberately. But it reconfirms to me that she is not really interested in the meaning of the lyrics. She's just wants to prove that she has powerful vocal chords and a good vocal range. All I hear from her, most of the time, is shouting.
    --

+ Reply to Thread