+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Re: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3402394;
    A Freudian slip.
    heh... Did I say Amanda??? doh!

Anyhoo, another fantastic performance last night from little Allison! She did Bonnie proud!

People at work today were complaining that that song was too old for her and I said "Michael Jackson singing "Who's Lovin' You" at age six"....and my friends promptly conceded.

Allison has that emotioanl depth way beyond her years that a very few pre-adult singers have had, but she does have it.

Her voice was gorgeous last night too. I voted my fingers to the bone.. redial, redial, redial... No bottom three for Allison tonight if I have anything to say about it!

OH! And what is up with Simon telling her to change her personality basically...unlikable??? She is totally likable.

I hate that the judges always tell contestants to be themselves and then they turn around and tell Allison to be more like Kelly and be more chatty???

Lots of teens are on the quiet side...that does not take away one bit of Allsion's talent.
    Last edited by marlap; 04-08-2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3407314;
    heh... Did I say Amanda??? doh!

Anyhoo, another fantastic performance last night from little Allison! She did Bonnie proud!

People at work today were complaining that that song was too old for her and I said "Michael Jackson singing "Who's Lovin' You" at age six"....and my friends promptly conceded.

Allison has that emotioanl depth way beyond her years that a very few pre-adult singers have had, but she does have it.

Her voice was gorgeous last night too. I voted my fingers to the bone.. redial, redial, redial... No bottom three for Allison tonight if I have anything to say about it!
    I'm with ya, Marlap! And I got a friend redialing her fingers off for Allison too. No way does she deserve to be in the B3 - until there are 5 or fewer contestants left!

I read a post where somebody commented that Allison won't last long since she's been in the B3 too many times already. That's not necessarily true. Kimberly Locke was in the B3 more than her fair share of times, as well as Syesha last year. And they both made it to the 3rd spot. Allison will stick around as long as I can help it.

If Allison continues to sing like she did last night, I look for both she and Adam to finish last two.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I thought Allison did a very good job last night. She was one of the best. However, I did agree with Simon's critique. Any show that relies upon audience participation to determine a winner is going to base said votes on popularity/likability. So much of that, obviously, is subjective, but it definitely factors into whichever contestant wins in the end.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I love this kid! She has become my favorite of this season. Her performance last week was terrible, but she more than redeemed herself this week.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3407314;
    ...and be more chatty???
    Being chatty can go terribly wrong.

Brooke White - Top 24 Contestants - American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3407691;
    Being chatty can go terribly wrong.

Brooke White - Top 24 Contestants - American Idol

Omigosh! That's a perfect example!
    Ain't Love Grand!

I thought Allison was the 2nd best of the night. She has a killer voice. Her and Adam for top 2, I hope. I think she is one of the remaining contestants that would get a judges save.

I'm pushing all of my votes her way. I hate that Simon may have caused her a confidence problem with his comment. She is not your usual teen singer in either looks or bubbly personality, but the girl can sing with passion. She can touch the heart, whereas bubble gum rots the teeth. Go Allison. Let's find you a fan base to compete with the big boys.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3411725;
    I'm pushing all of my votes her way. I hate that Simon may have caused her a confidence problem with his comment. She is not your usual teen singer in either looks or bubbly personality, but the girl can sing with passion. She can touch the heart, whereas bubble gum rots the teeth. Go Allison. Let's find you a fan base to compete with the big boys.
    Cool! Glad she’s getting more votes! I think she’s getting more fans as time goes on. At least I hope so. I don’t want to see her in the B3 any time soon.

On either Idol Chat or Idol Tonight, Justin and Kim talked about Simon’s comment about her developing more of a personality. They both defended what IS Allison’s personality. Kim called her a rock star. They also expressed concern that Allison could get distracted by trying to develop this “necessary” personality, and would it affect her performances? I hope not. She should just be herself and keep delivering what she has been. It’s just taking a little while for people to embrace her.

+ Reply to Thread