+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Re: Allison Iraheta - Season 8

Her voice reminds me of Amanda Overmyer from the last season.
    And that didn't get very far.

And looks wise I'm always thinking "Miley Cyrus".
    I think, specially with the younger Idol viewers, that do the most voting, it's not good to look like some current performer/star.
    Just like I think, it's not for Matt's advantage to look like Justin Timberlake.
    I would change my look ASAP if I was Matt.

Younger viewers could think "wannabe" very fast.
    They could think that the "look alikes" want to be like their real stars.
    Otherwise I have no explanation how those two, with their more or less "solid" performances, ended up in the B3.

BTW, I don't write this cause I have other favorites.
    I have no clue who might become the Idol this year.

I'm not a fan of Allison but I don't think anybody should count her out. I also think the judges love her and will save her if they can.

You may remember, from season two, Kimberley Locke was in the bottom three a few times during the season and she still managed to improve and build a huge fan base. In fact, she ended up third for the season, right behind Clay and Ruben. Granted, she wasn't a female rocker but my point is things can change quite quickly on this show especially as people are voted off and the viewing public may choose another idol to embrace.

It's just, that she has been endlessly ballyhooed by the judges, as being top and all and yadda...
    Yet the viewers put her in the B3, twice already.
    I really think it's the younger audience, the power voters, not getting her for some reason.

I'm not counting.
    I don't have any favorite this year.
    Everything is possible, from my point of view.

I love Allison. Her voice reminds me of Janis Joplin. I hooooope she'll sing one of her songs. She'll be perfect for it.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3402267;
    I love Allison. Her voice reminds me of Janis Joplin. I hooooope she'll sing one of her songs. She'll be perfect for it.
    I've been saying I think she's the reincarnation of Joplin. I never really liked Joplin, but I like Allison. I think she's a natural. Of all the contestants this year, she is the one who entertains me the most.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3402076;
    Her voice reminds me of Amanda Overmyer from the last season.
    And that didn't get very far.

And looks wise I'm always thinking "Miley Cyrus".
    I think, specially with the younger Idol viewers, that do the most voting, it's not good to look like some current performer/star.
    Just like I think, it's not for Matt's advantage to look like Justin Timberlake.
    I would change my look ASAP if I was Matt.

Younger viewers could think "wannabe" very fast.
    They could think that the "look alikes" want to be like their real stars.
    Otherwise I have no explanation how those two, with their more or less "solid" performances, ended up in the B3.

BTW, I don't write this cause I have other favorites.
    I have no clue who might become the Idol this year.
    I don't get that Allison sounds like Amanda AT ALL. Amanda was just a hot mess and Allison is quite talented and I see NO comparison other than they both need a makeover BAD. As far as looking like Miley Cyrus, again I don't see that at all. I've also never gotten the comparison of Matt to Justin Timberlake other than a white boy with a soul voice but he does not look like him at all. I do agree with someone who previously posted that he looks a little like Ivan Sergei.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I don't think Megan looks like Miley Cyrus either, but I did see the Rachel Ray comparison this week. I kept looking at her in a PI and thinking, "who does she remind me of?" And then it hit me - Rachel Ray, as I read on here (wish I could give credit, don't remember who said it). So, I wasn't looking for it but it hit me in the way she talks more than her looks.

I love Amanda and think she has the most natural talent of all of them this year.

Of all the female rock singers Idol has seen, I think she is miles and miles better than any of them.

She's in a league of her own where Idol female rockers are concerned.

I hope she stays for a long time.
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3384852;
    Finally it hit me. She reminds me of Rachael Ray...looks a lot like her...especially with the faces
    that was me..and isn't the resemblance strong...and the voice too now that RR has the voice issue

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3402341;
    I love Amanda and think she has the most natural talent of all of them this year.

Of all the female rock singers Idol has seen, I think she is miles and miles better than any of them.

She's in a league of her own where Idol female rockers are concerned.

I hope she stays for a long time.
    Who the heck is Amanda?

+ Reply to Thread