+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 195 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

He has to win or else the show is a farce.

FORT Fanatic

If he wins, it PROVES that the show is a farce!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3450913;
    He has to win or else the show is a farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3450920;
    If he wins, it PROVES that the show is a farce!
    Welcome to Ken Warwick's world.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3450944;
    Welcome to Ken Warwick's world.

It is so nice to see that American Idol isn't strictly relegated to pop singers or crooners. Season after season, rockers were left behind until Bo made it into the finals.

I would love to see Adam win, he is different, has chops, can't deny his vocals even if not a fan of his choice of music or style and it will let others like him know there is a chance for them in this setting and hopefully future seasons will mix it up a bit as well. Cook winning over Archuletta was against the odds for this show, and having Adam win will validate that it wasn't just a fluke that a rocker won.

FORT Fanatic

I think Simon's constant pimping of Adam really isn't doing him any favours.

I think it will be Adam's own unique talent that will garner him the win.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3450765;
    Yes, Simon was brutal to Adam with his critique of 'Ring Of Fire'. Did Adam get mouthy or smart? NO. Adam has risen above the criticism, and uses it constructively.
    I'm a huge fan of Adam, but Simon said a lot tougher things to other contestants this season, and they were all polite. But heck, let's not praise Matt, Lil or Anoop for their grace under fire. Only the sainted Adam deserves that.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I am so astounded by this Adam thing... I still remember in Adam's audition where Randy & Kara & Paula were liking Adam, but Simon was unconvinced, and Randy was saying it may finally be time that America could vote for someone theatrical, but Simon seemed unconvinced that Adam could fit a mold, and Randy stuck to his guns, and finally Simon reluctantly gave Adam a go-ahead for the hollywood round.

Now I read over and over that Simon has continually pimped Adam as the winner.

First of all, Carrie Underwood WAS continually pimped by Simon because of her vocal excellence, and she ended up winning, and is still vocally and financially stellar.
    Second of all, Simon didn't get on board the Adam train in the beginning, so...

If Adam rose to fan favor, it's because he earned it. And if America chooses him as their Idol, then the best singer won. I don't approve of Adam's rumored lifestyle, nor do I approve of Elton John's, but I am a HUGE fan of Elton John's music, so what should I do? Talent is talent, no matter what package it comes out of. Adam's talent is undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3451046;
    .... I don't approve of Adam's rumored lifestyle, nor do I approve of Elton John's, but I am a HUGE fan of Elton John's music, so what should I do? Talent is talent, no matter what package it comes out of. Adam's talent is undeniable.
    What is Adam's "rumored lifestyle" and why do you disapprove of it?
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3451046;
    I am so astounded by this Adam thing... I still remember in Adam's audition where Randy & Kara & Paula were liking Adam, but Simon was unconvinced, and Randy was saying it may finally be time that America could vote for someone theatrical, but Simon seemed unconvinced that Adam could fit a mold, and Randy stuck to his guns, and finally Simon reluctantly gave Adam a go-ahead for the hollywood round.

Now I read over and over that Simon has continually pimped Adam as the winner.

First of all, Carrie Underwood WAS continually pimped by Simon because of her vocal excellence, and she ended up winning, and is still vocally and financially stellar.
    Second of all, Simon didn't get on board the Adam train in the beginning, so...

If Adam rose to fan favor, it's because he earned it. And if America chooses him as their Idol, then the best singer won. I don't approve of Adam's rumored lifestyle, nor do I approve of Elton John's, but I am a HUGE fan of Elton John's music, so what should I do? Talent is talent, no matter what package it comes out of. Adam's talent is undeniable.
    Thanks for your heartfelt post.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread