+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 195 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Marty88;3449831;
    Looks like I'm in the wrong with my choice of words of "PUNK".
    So what does everyone else call a man who wears make-up, paints their nails and wears a lot of black then??
    If it was the 1980's I'd call him a New Romantic. Or New Wave or aanything related to the BRitisah invasion from that time. ( Adam Ant, gary Numan, Duran Duran for example) I'd call him an Americanized version of a punk. Essentially the look has been reinvented over and over since I don't know, probably the early 1970's with David Bowie, The New York Dolls and T Rex, for example. It was called Glam then.
    Don't see how you would be wrong to suggest he has that punk/pop look of 1980's USA.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3449889;
    I'd say Adam's costume sensibility is mostly Goth. Which is smart for him, because it adds an edge to his persona, providing a counterpoint to the softer Broadway elements of his act.
    --
    I dont see Adam as Goth.. or Emo.. at all.

I would have him as Glam with some rock thrown in. Hes far to outgoing and nice to be Goth. Much more upbeat in his musical choices on the show as well as off. His fashion is not quite goth either, much too colorful as well as modern with a twist of vintage. Not he 1900 throw backs.

He is not pop at all, and not the alt-rock type as I know it.

I think when it comes down to it Adam is a class all his own.. and what a class act he is. I dont see him as being someone you can box up and tie a bow around. That is why Adam will win because there is no one like him and not one you can really match him up to.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3449909;
    I don't know how we can determine how he takes criticism, since he hasn't received any all season
    Let's go back to Ring of Fire. Simon was brutal to him...both on the performance night and he reiterated his point that the performance was horrid the next night also. It was remarked on by a number of people that week how graciously Adam took Simon's comments.....and that stuck with a lot of us. The kid know how to take critical comments
    without showing any emotion

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3450378;
    Let's go back to Ring of Fire. Simon was brutal to him...both on the performance night and he reiterated his point that the performance was horrid the next night also. It was remarked on by a number of people that week how graciously Adam took Simon's comments.....and that stuck with a lot of us. The kid know how to take critical comments

My memory of that incident is different. When Simon criticized Adam, Adam cocked his head and looked very perplexed. Not long after that Adam said in interview that he did not care if someone did or didn't like that performance. That garnered some angry posts here from folks who didn't like Adam's attitude. I think Adam did a great job with Ring of Fire and he had every right to show some 'tude about it with Simon. But then again, I don't believe, nor need to believe, that Adam is a saint.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3450386;
    But then again, I don't believe, nor need to believe, that Adam is a saint.
    Looking perplexed is not taking an attitude. I am relating what happened on the stage. Even after two nights of Simon's mouth, the kid did not say anything to him.

Nobody ever cannonized Adam...Saint Adam de Lambert? Never even been suggested

Or when Simon likened his performance to the Rocky Horror Picture Show ... some contestants would have taken that as an insult ... whether intended as an insult or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3450528;
    Looking perplexed is not taking an attitude. I am relating what happened on the stage. Even after two nights of Simon's mouth, the kid did not say anything to him.

Adam didn't have to say anything, his understandly negative reaction was written all over his face. For me, even if Adam had said something, it wouldn't have changed my feelings for him. I would have still liked him as much as before. My appreciation for an artist like Adam would not waver if he defended himself to Simon.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3450528;

Let's see? Adam................the Patron Saint of Good Manners? Can we please do this?

Yes, Simon was brutal to Adam with his critique of 'Ring Of Fire'. Did Adam get mouthy or smart? NO. Adam has risen above the criticism, and uses it constructively.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Adam is the man!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread