+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I was hoping someone watching the LA Fox news last night would chime in and correct me but I thought I heard Terri (the raspy voice one) say that she just had a tweet from Simon stating that Adam would sing One in German. With her voice and my ears I could have heard wrong. Did anyone else watch this bit?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Looks like I'm in the wrong with my choice of words of "PUNK".
    So what does everyone else call a man who wears make-up, paints their nails and wears a lot of black then??

GlamRock or some feel he's got that Goth influence.

Anyway, there is a rumor floating around that the big name they are trying to get for the Results show is Bowie!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty88;3449831;
    So what does everyone else call a man who wears make-up, paints their nails and wears a lot of black then??
    There's a name for that and it's human. He's making personal style choices and going for self expression. Judging by the way he's been morphing from one persona to another from week to week, it doesn't look like Adam believes in boxes and labels anyways.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I'd say Adam's costume sensibility is mostly Goth. Which is smart for him, because it adds an edge to his persona, providing a counterpoint to the softer Broadway elements of his act.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3449040;
    Adam is very mannerly, and gracious about receiving criticism as well as compliments. This is one huge reason I like the guy. He is the most polite of the bunch, IMO.

I don't know how we can determine how he takes criticism, since he hasn't received any all season

Well, he certainly has faced his share of criticism from fans of others'. I'm sure he knows this from family/friends visiting these boards. He still goes on, and is gracious acting.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

The judges have done nothing but praise everything he does so not sure if he'd have a reason to act anything but gracious each week. He's a great entertainer but definitely not a singer I'd ever choose to listen to. I'd be changing the station everytime he came on just to keep from having to hear that screaming mess. As for watching him, I've had to avert my eyes for weeks now just so I wouldn't have to see the tongue sticking out and other crazy stuff.

FORT Fogey

A New Yorker?

Adam is the first Idol contestant I would actually buy an album of...I think he is the best they have ever had...and I am a 57 yr old woman from New England....I get an honest excitment when he gets on stage and I love how he seems to respect all involved with the show....hes a good kid and deserves to go far in the entertainment industry...
    We live in the land of the free, because of the brave....

+ Reply to Thread