+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 195 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I dont agree either, pillbeam. What's considered a "normal singer" ? Adam's singing is as normal as anyone else's...and above normal, I may add. I think it's just a matter of what a person prefers.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

And I am not sure the word PUNK fits what I have seen of Adam's demeanor on the show either

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3448671;
    I dont agree either, pillbeam. What's considered a "normal singer" ? Adam's singing is as normal as anyone else's...and above normal, I may add. I think it's just a matter of what a person prefers.
    If you turn on your radio right now (or if you have it already on) do you hear any screaming?? Didn't think so, that's what I mean by normal singing. A singer that can sing a whole song with out screaming, Adam can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3448722;
    And I am not sure the word PUNK fits what I have seen of Adam's demeanor on the show either
    IMO any male who wears a lot of black leather, too much make-up and nail polish is a punk. Might just be me...

There's a difference between dressing "punk" and calling someone a punk. Maybe you're confused? Adam has been nothing but gracious and refined in his manner, so I can't see where being a punk describes him, unless there are other things about him that we mere mortals don't know about.

I like punk but there's nothing punk about Adam. That's a certain way of being, a sensibility that is the antithesis of the Adam we see on stage. The very fact that he wants to win this thing already puts him as far away from the punk ideal as one can be.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3448671;
    I just assumed that by "normal" he meant you and me.

FORT Follower

Adam can definitely sing. But he also can definitely scream. Why, in the past few weeks, has he felt it necessary to include his primal scream into every single performance? I know some people really like it, but at what point does it get old?

As an aside, Adam dresses "punk" but definitely doesn't act it. He has been nothing but kind and humble throughout the process. Which, if I'm honest, just annoys me more since I want someone else to win. Those of us who have been waiting for Adam to make a mistake since Country Week have been kept waiting... He will probably win. Dangit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty88;3448558;
    Scream, scream, scream and then scream some more. That's all this punk knows how to do.
    It's not 1980 anymore and the 'Hair Band' thing is over!
    Too bad I'm sure he'll be in the final and one of the other normal singers will be out.
    Don't get this at all. Punk? Adam is gracious and well mannered. His parents definitely took the time to teach him to be respectful and polite.

Different strokes for different folks as far as the music goes. I think Adam has the best voice of the final 3. I could listen to him "scream" all day long.

I don't get the punk reference in connection with Adam. Is it in the street sense or the musical sense? If it's the latter, then Adam is most definitely not punk. In fact, aesthetically and musically he is about as far removed from punk as one can be. And I like punk too. If it's in the street sense, he is not that either. He's been respectful and focused all the way through and never snapped back, no matter what the judges said about his performances. I think, for some wild reason, he really enjoys this whole mad AI ride.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread