+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3445568;
    I read a copy of the Idol contract with contestants when it was posted at the FORT several years ago, and it said that the producers had right of first refusal to record anyone from the Top 10.
    Maybe thats where I read it too That was around the time of Chris being sent home (IMO) too early.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3445608;
    Maybe thats where I read it too That was around the time of Chris being sent home (IMO) too early.

Actually, I read the contract further back than that: in the Ruben era in Season 2. News stories commenting on the contact back then noted how lousy the contract's financial and other terms were for the contestants. I assume that is still the case.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3445535;
    Don't they have rights of "first refusal" for the top 5 or so, maybe even more? So once somebody makes the top 5, that's the point of no return and they might as well shoot for the win to get better promotion and the AI winner label. Not that I think, street cred wise, it's quite a good thing to win AI in the long term. Daughtry is probably the best example of somebody who is better off without being the winner; this way he still retains a modicum of rock cred. Adam seems to want to win this show, cheesy title and all, and in his case, it will actually be a good thing. It... fits somehow, weirdly, like everything Adam does.
    Maybe that's why they instituted the "Judges' save" up to Final 5 - to maintain the power over the top 5 whether or not they make it to the bitter end.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3445858;
    Maybe that's why they instituted the "Judges' save" up to Final 5 - to maintain the power over the top 5 whether or not they make it to the bitter end.
    That would make sense. Does anyone know which idols the producers have made albums with/for over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3444111;
    Honestly, that's one of the main reasons I've never bought an Idol CD no matter how much I liked them on the show. Once they put the record out, it's hard to recognize the person you liked.
    I totally agree with you here.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have never been a huge AI fan, I would watch if there was nothing else on, but that's about it. Then I heard Adam's Ring of Fire... I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I loved it and have watched every show since just so I could see what he would sing next and he rarely disappoints. That being said, I don't think that Adam is AI material, he needs a band. After thinking on it over night, I came to the conclusion that that was the big difference between last week and this week. Last week he had a rock band on stage to perform with. This week went back to him alone on stage with the musicians out of sight which works for songs like Mad World, but not songs where he wants to rock out. I think that post-idol if he finds a band to front, like Chris Daughtry did, he has a huge chance at success. If he tries to proceed as a solo singer, he will struggle. He is hugely talented and I wish him the best no matter how this show plays out.

Adam has a great personality and can sing. This 49 year old both voted for him and downloaded his "Mad World" to my ringtone. I'll buy his CD's just like I bought Daughtry's. I'll also be buying Allison's and Kris'.

Scream, scream, scream and then scream some more. That's all this punk knows how to do.
    It's not 1980 anymore and the 'Hair Band' thing is over!
    Too bad I'm sure he'll be in the final and one of the other normal singers will be out.

Adam has been a standout all season. How this thing will turn out this year is anybody's guess....Simon seems to favor Adam. It will be interesting to see who is cut tonight. No matter, I beleive the top three are all very talented and will get snatched up for recording contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty88;3448558;
    Scream, scream, scream and then scream some more. That's all this punk knows how to do.
    It's not 1980 anymore and the 'Hair Band' thing is over!
    Too bad I'm sure he'll be in the final and one of the other normal singers will be out.

I don't agree with you about Adam, but your reference to "the normal singers" cracks me up.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread