+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 195 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I'm laughing over here.... because I know Adam's not a saint, and I hope my post didn't go overboard...too much! I know Adam said he "didn't care" about what folks thought about ROF, but I didn't hear sullenness or arrogance in his reply. I just heard him being true to himself and trying to be creative with that genre. I just meant that there's a certain degree of transparency (which is a good thing) with him. He is who he is and because he's comfortable with it, I'm very confortable with it.

I don't like when contestants talk back to the judges. Ugh...very uncomfortable! But I like when they're like David Cook at the finale last year -- when Simon said to David he should have sung Billie Jean again. David just responded that he viewed his time on AI as a progressive experience and he understood what Simon said, but felt he should move on and try new things (I don't have the quote, even though I obsess over DC )

I heard something on the radio the other day and don't know if this has already been posted. I know people don't really care what Adam's sexual preference is, but some of the Idols were asked who their celebrity crushes were. Allison said David Beckham (she sang at a Galaxy game), Anoop said Keira Knightly, Danny said Jennifer Lopez, and good ol Adam laughed and said NO COMMENT!

I thought Adam's response to the question was typical Adam. No lies No excuses! This is who I am. Like or leave it......

FORT Fogey

IMHO:
    The sum of Season 2's Ruben/Clay/KLo surpasses this year's F3, mainly because I view the latter as Adam and who? And God bless S5's Elliott, but a better singer than Adam? Not in my universe.

David Archuleta is eighteen. A tad too early to evaluate his "career"! However, I'm willing to bet his "Apologize" is a better version than the up-coming one from Kris.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3442830;
    IMHO:
    The sum of Season 2's Ruben/Clay/KLo surpasses this year's F3, mainly because I view the latter as Adam and who? And God bless S5's Elliott, but a better singer than Adam? Not in my universe.
    Nor mine. I'll just word your post. My concern for Adam is that he's a big fish in a small pond right now. Once he hits the real competition of the music industry, I don't think there is much of a market for his style. There are guys playing the clubs every night all over America that do the Glamrock as well or better than he does and there are no record labels lining up to sign them.

I enjoy him on AI but wouldn't buy a cd whether he wins or not. His tone is not something I would choose to listen to when there are truly beautiful voices to choose from in the real world.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3442864;
    Nor mine. I'll just word your post. My concern for Adam is that he's a big fish in a small pond right now. Once he hits the real competition of the music industry, I don't think there is much of a market for his style. There are guys playing the clubs every night all over America that do the Glamrock as well or better than he does and there are no record labels lining up to sign them.

I enjoy him on AI but wouldn't buy a cd whether he wins or not. His tone is not something I would choose to listen to when there are truly beautiful voices to choose from in the real world.

Except for the highlighted portion, I agree with everything you've said. I enjoyed his audition and the Hollywood performance, but everything after that has been something I wouldn't want to watch more than once.

While Adam may "dominate" the Idol stage, he was up against relatively few real competitors.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3442830;
    IMHO:
    The sum of Season 2's Ruben/Clay/KLo surpasses this year's F3...
    Absolutely. And it only needs one word to explain why. Clay!

Season 5 is my fave of the last few years.
    There were so many interesting contestants...
    That was a good season, good TV.
    And that's the point.
    It's supposed to be good television, a good show.
    Who wins it at the end, is like the icing on the cake.

I don't get all this talk about season 8 being the best or whatever.
    There is Adam who is virtually in his own universe, Allison was a good singer...
    And the rest? Mediocre, boring, forgettable.
    A whole season cannot rely on one or two contestants.
    And that's what season 8 is all about.

I don't think there is much of a market for his style.
    The "Rock God" is a fantasy, that's for sure.
    Adam is taking on another role from week to week.
    He does it very professionally, but it still is a role.
    Who Adam himself is, I still don't know that.
    That's why I'm always thinking, Broadway, Broadway, Broadway.
    Some refuse that label, like it's an insult.
    But that's what I totally get from his performances.

Of course he is going to record an album.
    He has the popularity now.
    He is going to run on "Idol Thunder", the whole Idol machine is going to kick in, after the season is over.
    Hopefully they have good songwriters, with good songs for him.
    Good music doesn't grow on trees.

If he would have a career on Broadway following the Idol time, what would be so bad about that?
    That he can work in his profession? That he wouldn't have financial problems anymore. Oh my, what a punishment.
    Broadway likes those talented and popular Idol contestants.
    Cause they bring a new audience to Broadway.
    It works for both sides, it's a win/win situation.

Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Axel Rose...
    Those guys didn't wake up one morning and said NOW!!!
    And became a Rock musician.
    That's a lifestyle, a whole life of growing into it.
    And if somebody doesn't have any characteristics of that by the age of 27,
    chances are, that person is not a Rock musician.

FORT Fan

I can't wait to hear Adam sing again....he just gets better and better. When he is on the stage it is like a small concert that you want more of....
    then the others come on and it is kareoke night

I couldn't agree with you more! I really look forward each week to seeing Adam perform. I love his singing and I love his performances. I also like Kris, so if it were just the two of them I'd be in heaven!

FORT Regular

Verry interesting.
    Name 3...I'd like to see them perform.
    Last edited by HavingFunNow; 05-11-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Cause I can't spell

That's why I think Adam's first album will be straight pop with only a little glam thrown in. Kris is kinda in the same position. He's doing well with the folkier stuff onstage, even though folk is not the most popular genre now (I wish it were). Kris too will make a contemporary pop CD, with some folkish stuff thrown in.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread