+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3441449;
    I guess not.

But at this time, it would turn Idol completely into a travesty,
    if one of the other goofs would win.
    And if that should be the case,
    Adam should be the next to get the boot.
    Cause in the case of, Adam not winning,
    it should be made obvious how ridiculous this show has become.

I don't write this because I'm a fan,
    but at this point Adam is the last credible performer on the show.

I always write (even years ago) that I watch Idol for the show itself.
    Once a season is over, I couldn't care less about the contestants anymore.
    And when I look back at older contestants...
    Archives - American Idol
    ...most of them look like stupid Idol clichés to me.
    Just like Archuleta's second place and post Idol career,
    is nothing but a freak accident for me.

Contestants like Clay Aiken or Carrie Underwood are total exceptions.

But still, what happens on the show should be somewhat reasonable.
    This season already started with a downer when Alexis was ousted.
    There is no telling how far she would have progressed.
    But if I look at some other contestants who are just dumb clichés,
    even before this season is over...

Anoop? Michael? Scott?
    How? What? Why?

That is goof voting for me,
    and I have no desire to belong to the mysterious majority that made this possible.
    Indeed, Adam is amazing. For one thing, he is gorgeous - he looks like Elvis, and you add the make-up and the slinky moves, and he is fascinating to watch. Then you add those vocals - spectacular! But, let's face it, there are lots of great singers out there - and Adam has been performing - in the music industry - in LA - for some time, but had not heretofore been discovered as the mega-star he is destined to become. For his worldwide fame, he can thank American Idol. Whether he wins or not, the show is what got him the exposure and the platform from which to deliver his talents to the American public at large, so in that respect, the show itself has done him a great service.

But...the talent meter is not an objective quantity by which the contestants are judged. It is a matter of personal preferance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3440655;

Not only do I very much appreciate his talent, but also his intelligence (his approach to the competition) and his personality. For a "Rock God" he seems like a very nice guy. Thank you for adding spice to what I thought, at the start, would be a boring season.
    Besides being extremely talented, this is what I see in him, too. He seems like a very sweet young man..always appreciative of the judge's comments. He's never once argued or mouthed off to a judge, either. He's a WINNER in every sense.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I guess not.

I think this is the best, most professional-sounding Top 3 in American Idol history. Each man is very good in his own way. That's why I predict that next week's show will be the best, musically, in Idol history.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3441787;
    I think this is the best, most professional-sounding Top 3 in American Idol history. Each man is very good in his own way. That's why I predict that next week's show will be the best, musically, in Idol history.
    --
    pillbeam, you and I think alike!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3441785;
    Besides being extremely talented, this is what I see in Adam, too. He seems like a very sweet young man..always appreciative of the judge's comments. He's never once argued or mouthed off to a judge, either. He's a WINNER in every sense.
    The judges are certainly not experts on vocal coaching, and the producers and Simon encourage the contestants to speak up. I don't give a hoot what Adam says or doesn't say to them. I just love his music. I would still like him if he gave them feedback. I think Adam, Danny and Kris are all wonderfully professional and nice. That's another reason why I love this Top 3 this year.

--
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-09-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

In the past, we've had contestants mouth off and get "lippy" with the judges. Not impressed when they act like that. Adam never has acted that way, so kudos to him!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Okay, I saw a video clip of Adam receiving a text - looked like he said something about "U2" "One" and "Simon" and "challenge", but it was hard to make out. Does anyone have a clip of him receiving a text about Wicked Game? Just wondering where this speculation came from and why the song pick for him is still a question markl. He got a text, there were reporters, fans with cell phone cameras, etc. What is the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3441780;
    Indeed, Adam is amazing. For one thing, he is gorgeous - he looks like Elvis, and you add the make-up and the slinky moves, and he is fascinating to watch. Then you add those vocals - spectacular! But, let's face it, there are lots of great singers out there - and Adam has been performing - in the music industry - in LA - for some time, but had not heretofore been discovered as the mega-star he is destined to become. For his worldwide fame, he can thank American Idol. Whether he wins or not, the show is what got him the exposure and the platform from which to deliver his talents to the American public at large, so in that respect, the show itself has done him a great service.

But...the talent meter is not an objective quantity by which the contestants are judged. It is a matter of personal preferance.
    Adam is insanely talented and I completely agree with you that he's destined to be a huge star. He's also incredibly well grounded, and what I love about him is the fact that he doesn't take himself so seriously. After a great performance (any of his performances), he really stays in the moment and takes in the praise or criticism without having an attitude. After Ring of Fire, he was so comfortable with himself, even with Simon blasting him. Most times it's uncomfortable to watch a contestant chafe under Simon's criticism -- but Adam handled it with grace. And even after stellar performances like Mad World or Tracks of my Tears, he takes in the wild praise graciously and with confidence, not in an "Aw shucks" kind of way (that Melinda Doolittle had....and I LOVED that girl!), or with any kind of ego. THAT's sexy! He is so self-assured without being arrogant. That's what's so magnetic about him. I love this guy!

And thanks, MEL, for the info on One. I don't know why I we can't find media coverage on that either!

I guess not.

I always write (even years ago) that I watch Idol for the show itself.
    Once a season is over, I couldn't care less about the contestants anymore.
    And when I look back at older contestants...
    Archives - American Idol
    ...most of them look like stupid Idol clichés to me.
    Just like Archuleta's second place and post Idol career,
    is nothing but a freak accident for me.

Contestants like Clay Aiken or Carrie Underwood are total exceptions.

But still, what happens on the show should be somewhat reasonable.
    This season already started with a downer when Alexis was ousted.
    There is no telling how far she would have progressed.
    But if I look at some other contestants who are just dumb clichés,
    even before this season is over...

Anoop? Michael? Scott?
    How? What? Why?

That is goof voting for me,
    and I have no desire to belong to the mysterious majority that made this possible.
    Couldn't agree with you more! However, with that being said makes you certainly wonder why Gokey is still there? I have stated before one is a true talent (Adam) and one is the "iconic" version of an American Idol contestant (Danny) so who will win? Who will America choose? (or pretend to choose)? I for one am hoping for an Adam & Kris showdown and will be happy with either winning. But for me Danny will go by the way of many of the other so called Idol winners.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3441867;
    After a great performance (any of his performances), Adam really stays in the moment and takes in the praise or criticism without having an attitude. After Ring of Fire, he was so comfortable with himself, even with Simon blasting him. Most times it's uncomfortable to watch a contestant chafe under Simon's criticism -- but Adam handled it with grace.
    Actually, my memory is different. I recall Adam looking perplexed when Simon bashed him, and in a later inteview, Adam said he "didn't care" whether people liked the performance or not, which ticked off a bunch of FORT posters. Look, I loved "Ring of Fire" and felt Adam had every right to speak up either at the show or afterward. Although Adam is very nice, he's not a saint, nor would I want him to be. I don't want to crucify or praise a contestant based on whether they speak up to the judges, who often don't take their judging responsibilties seriously.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-09-2009 at 12:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread