+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 195 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I am middle-aged, but I don't consider myself old-fashioned, and I do like exciting performances. Bring 'em on!

But I like to get the feeling that the performance is REAL. Adam has a fantastic voice with a huge range, but I can't help feeling like he is a costumed actor playing a rock singer...

I really like Adam. I like how confident he is, without being smug, and I think he has a great voice and stage presence. I even like his humility - yep - I think he's humble up there. There's a certain genuineness during the judges' comments. Having said ALL that....I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about him that doesn't quite add up. Did he put on this performance to create a niche for himself? Maybe not, but there's something about him I can't figure out. Well, let's see what happens in the next few weeks. I'd like him to stick around for a while.

FORT Fanatic

he's an actor in theatre/broadway...thus is why he's such a great performer on stage while singing. knowing that he has many years under his belt on stage...its why i'm not so much into him or rooting for him. he's polished...knows how to perform, work the crowd, knows how to dress/style himself (that kind of goth look he's going for is expensive you wouldn't think but it is). i'd rather have someone who's unsure of himself/herself musically and watch them grow.

lambert and judges has put him up so high that he has to maintain his level or will be dropping. now, if he impresses me and hit it out of the ball park next week during grand ole opry country week he deserves to win. i use country week every season as a make or break because usually its not any of the contestants style (unless they're already country). hopefully he'll do some sort of slow song and show his vocals (hopefully acoustic...guitar only).
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bell;3383134;
    i use country week every season as a make or break because usually its not any of the contestants style (unless they're already country). hopefully he'll do some sort of slow song and show his vocals (hopefully acoustic...guitar only).
    ITA with this. Last season I was unsure if David Cook could actually win the whole thing because of his tendency to choose rock/rockish songs. It was until Dolly Parton week when he busted out Little Sparrow that I was convinced he could win the whole shebang.

I am waiting to see if Adam can do the same. He seems to make smart song choices for himself and is able to put his own stamp on anything he sings. And judging from the Tubey videos of him singing in many different genres, I am confident that he will.

She says, "He will be around to sing us lots of songs. I will make it so." and there you have it!

FORT Fogey

OK. I'm making a list of songs Adam should sing. First is Van Morrison's GLORIA. I am now adding "Whats Going On" by the Four Non-Blondes. Third = Hot Child in the City (Nick Gilder, 1978). Seriously.

There are sooo many that I would like to Adam and Danny tackle.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-15-2009 at 04:35 AM.

I don't like gay, I am very conservative, etc. etc. But I found Adam appealing. I thought he was the best (by a landslide) during Michael Jackson week. I don't care about theater experience, poser, eyeliner, or whatever. I can't afford theater tickets or concert tickets, all I get is cable and so I want to press "Power On" and hear a good singer.

And when Adam sang I heard a good singer. I saw a good performance.

I don't really give a _rap whether a singer is authentic or not. I only care about the performance, since I have zero time in my personal life to follow anyone's career. I am fairly certain everyone in hollywood is fake, as are most people on the sidewalk. So I don't think it's valid to hold some TV contestant's persona up to scrutiny about whether they are "real" or not. As if we could judge who is real!!!!

Adam gave a great show. So I watched his previous two performances. Also great. Good enough for me to decide he's my favorite.

And no more Constanstink slams!! His season was eons ago, and yet people are still bent over him. LOL. Very odd to read comments about theater bad/singing good, when they are ONE AND THE SAME. It is all performance art. They are exactly the same thing. You sing or you talk, but whenever you are on stage, it is a role. Thinking somebody is "genuine" or "true to themself" or whatever when they are on the Idol stage is the most absurd belief ever. It's a stage, for pete's sake! It's ALWAYS an act, ALL THE TIME, 24-7, EVERY ARTIST WHOSE ALBUMS YOU BUY.

Why do you think there are so many one-hit-wonders in the world? Because all singers are performance artists, and all music consumers think they can detect a true non-artistic performer, LOL, and they they find out that person was just performing (like every other singer in existance). Then the artist gets dropped like yesterdays sandwich.

All that to say: Adam has done a great job so far. I hope he goes a long ways, if only to shut all the theater-haters up.
    P.S. I have no theater background, no theater boyfriends, no theater friends. But I like being entertained.

^I love Adam too and I love what you said about the theater bits. A lot of ppl knock theater, Simon being the main culprit.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3383039;
    I really like Adam. I like how confident he is, without being smug, and I think he has a great voice and stage presence. I even like his humility - yep - I think he's humble up there. There's a certain genuineness during the judges' comments. Having said ALL that....I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about him that doesn't quite add up. Did he put on this performance to create a niche for himself? Maybe not, but there's something about him I can't figure out. Well, let's see what happens in the next few weeks. I'd like him to stick around for a while.
    Actually, I have the feeling that he's not exactly sure of who he is... and that's part of my attraction to him. He's immensely talented and I can't wait to see how he defines himself.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3383169;
    I don't like gay, I am very conservative, etc. etc. But I found Adam appealing. I thought he was the best (by a landslide) during Michael Jackson week. I don't care about theater experience, poser, eyeliner, or whatever. I can't afford theater tickets or concert tickets, all I get is cable and so I want to press "Power On" and hear a good singer.

And when Adam sang I heard a good singer. I saw a good performance.

I don't really give a _rap whether a singer is authentic or not. I only care about the performance, since I have zero time in my personal life to follow anyone's career. I am fairly certain everyone in hollywood is fake, as are most people on the sidewalk. So I don't think it's valid to hold some TV contestant's persona up to scrutiny about whether they are "real" or not. As if we could judge who is real!!!!

Adam gave a great show. So I watched his previous two performances. Also great. Good enough for me to decide he's my favorite.

And no more Constanstink slams!! His season was eons ago, and yet people are still bent over him. LOL. Very odd to read comments about theater bad/singing good, when they are ONE AND THE SAME. It is all performance art. They are exactly the same thing. You sing or you talk, but whenever you are on stage, it is a role. Thinking somebody is "genuine" or "true to themself" or whatever when they are on the Idol stage is the most absurd belief ever. It's a stage, for pete's sake! It's ALWAYS an act, ALL THE TIME, 24-7, EVERY ARTIST WHOSE ALBUMS YOU BUY.

Why do you think there are so many one-hit-wonders in the world? Because all singers are performance artists, and all music consumers think they can detect a true non-artistic performer, LOL, and they they find out that person was just performing (like every other singer in existance). Then the artist gets dropped like yesterdays sandwich.

All that to say: Adam has done a great job so far. I hope he goes a long ways, if only to shut all the theater-haters up.
    P.S. I have no theater background, no theater boyfriends, no theater friends. But I like being entertained.

God bless you, I couldn't have said it any better.

+ Reply to Thread