+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 195 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Since we all know Adam will be in the F2, its just a matter of figuring out who will standing there next to him. Whoever that may be, Danny or Kris I will be voting on them as a vote against Adam. He hs to be one of the most over rated contestants of all time. *sigh* well there's always next season. American Idol Season 9! I'm already looking forward to you :smile and here's to hoping that we can get a female winner because we desperately need one.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

So, I think I've pinpointed exactly what it is about Adam that's made me go nutso fangirl this year. And that's for once, my favorite is actually one of the judges favorites.

I haven't been watching as long as a lot of you guys have. The first season I actually bothered to watch was 6. My favorite that year was Melinda, and clearly they weren't going to let anyone but Jordin win that year because didn't you know? Jordin is only 17! Isn't that great and amazing? 17 17 17 17. So I was doomed there. The next year I liked Jason Castro and.. yeah, he was never gonna win.

Finally, I like someone who has a shot. So I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
    You've been Philiminated.

Quote Originally Posted by everly2;3439537;
    Fantastic performer, talented beyond any expectations!Adam is the winner in my book! Go, Adam, Go!
    I know that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3439750;
    So, I think I've pinpointed exactly what it is about Adam that's made me go nutso fangirl this year. And that's for once, my favorite is actually one of the judges favorites.

I haven't been watching as long as a lot of you guys have. The first season I actually bothered to watch was 6. My favorite that year was Melinda, and clearly they weren't going to let anyone but Jordin win that year because didn't you know? Jordin is only 17! Isn't that great and amazing? 17 17 17 17. So I was doomed there. The next year I liked Jason Castro and.. yeah, he was never gonna win.

Finally, I like someone who has a shot. So I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
    I'm another rabid Adam fangirl, and I also loved Melinda and Jason. Great minds think alike?

I also adored Jennifer Hudson back in her season (3, I think?) and was crushed when she went home. I sure turned out to be right about her!

Last year, after Jason was gone, I supported David Cook and disliked Archeleta for many of the same reasons I don't like Danny. Cheesy, sickening sweet, sounds the same every week...

Adam, though, has absolutely MAD talent, and never fails to entertain.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-07-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

I migrated over to Cook from Jason as well, but that had a lot to do with the fact that that besides him, all that was left was Gaspy and Syesha who's existance in the top 3 boggles me more than Kris (and I like Kris! I just am astounded by how far he's gotten.) When Melinda went home I voted for Blake but of course Jordin won, and everyone cried over how inspiring it was that a 17 year old won. Sigh, you win some, lose some.

Adam really is officially my favorite Idol contestant ever. And I don't know if anyone can ever live up to him in my head.
    You've been Philiminated.

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3440241;
    Adam really is officially my favorite Idol contestant ever. And I don't know if anyone can ever live up to him in my head.
    Adam has set the bar so high that I'm having trouble thinking past this season in terms of where the show can go from here. In many ways the only way is down. I'm sure there is talent lurking out there, lots of talent, but the talent that was considered worthy of a win last year, or the year before or the year before is simply not going to be good enough anymore. Not after Adam.

Missed notes, forgotten lyrics, bad weeks, bad arrangements, talk about comfort zones and pathetic sob stories are all just pale excuses now that we know that it is perfectly possible for somebody to go an entire season without any of those things. No matter where he ends up in the end, AI now has a new way to count the seasons, BA and an AA: Before Adam and After Adam.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 05-07-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

What I like about him is the total package that he presents. He is the consummate performer, through and through. There are so few people from AI that go on to attain mass appeal. Adam could easily become the next big thing. I'd put him up there with other superstars who are larger than life. I think both Kris and Danny are OK, but just not in the same league with him. I also love the humility and professionalism that Adam exhibits; rare qualities for most pop stars.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3440241;
    I migrated over to Cook from Jason as well, but that had a lot to do with the fact that that besides him, all that was left was Gaspy and Syesha who's existance in the top 3 boggles me more than Kris (and I like Kris! I just am astounded by how far he's gotten.) When Melinda went home I voted for Blake but of course Jordin won, and everyone cried over how inspiring it was that a 17 year old won. Sigh, you win some, lose some.

You are my my 20-year-old alter ego, apparently. (I'm old enough to be yer mama!) I also went over to Blake after Melinda went home.

I agree with another poster above that Adam has set the bar extremely high by being awesomely good every week. (I happen to have LOVED his "Ring of Fire". In fact, that's when I really sat up and took notice of Adam. Before that, I thought, "Yeah, yeah, he's good, but too weird...")

In future years, we'll be saying, "Well, he/she is good, but he/she ain't no Adam!"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3440281;
    Adam has set the bar so high that I'm having trouble thinking past this season in terms of where the show can go from here. In many ways the only way is down. I'm sure there is talent lurking out there, lots of talent, but the talent that was considered worthy of a win last year, or the year before or the year before is simply not going to be good enough anymore. Not after Adam.

Missed notes, forgotten lyrics, bad weeks, bad arrangements, talk about comfort zones and pathetic sob stories are all just pale excuses now that we know that it is perfectly possible for somebody to go an entire season without any of those things. No matter where he ends up in the end, AI now has a new way to count the seasons, BA and an AA: Before Adam and After Adam.
    WOW!!! I agree so completely with everything you've said, and you've verbalized some points that I hadn't thought about in that exact way, till now. Yes, as Randy always says, Adam is DA BOMB, in every sense of the word. The whole package --- and even if some folks don't appreciate his particular style, they should, at least, recognize and acknowledge (and admire) his immense talent.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I fell off the fence into his camp some weeks ago, and now that I no longer have to vote to save Allison every week, all my votes will go to Adam. He has set the bar so high and is such a consummate package of talent, AI will feel flat from now on. That beautiful tenor voice wants and needs to sing rock. All right! If that is what you want, Adam, go for it!

Not only do I very much appreciate his talent, but also his intelligence (his approach to the competition) and his personality. For a "Rock God" he seems like a very nice guy. Thank you for adding spice to what I thought, at the start, would be a boring season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread