+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 195 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Last night sure put the scare into THIS Adam fan. I haven't voted since maybe week 2? But I'll be voting now!

This competition wouldn't be the same without him. I couldn't even remember the name of the guy who was sent back to the couches for the longest time (the cute one--Kris). But Adam has stood out from the first time I saw him on stage. He's a performer, not just a singer. I never worry that he'll hit a sour note like I do with the others. He has command of his voice and of the stage. He's unique and interesting, and he's been working so hard to be a performer since high school. He deserves the win.

I compare Adam's position in the bottom three to the same thing that happened to Ruben Studdard in Season Two. Nobody expected it and he went on to win the entire competition because people, who thought he was a shoe in, got off their lazy butts and voted for him. Adam being in the bottom three last night is probably the best thing that could have happened to him.

That said, I'm a Danny fan and hope he continues to do well and become this season's champ.

I was shocked that he was in the Bottom last night and I still don't believe it, even though I realize America is voting.
    I don't tend to vote, but I certainly will next week.
    While I've not loved every performance that Adam has done this season, I would have to say that he is in a musical league of his own on AI. Nobody is even near his level. And, nobody has the stage presence or grace that he does.
    Adam will be performing for a very long time.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-30-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It seems as though the ploy to cast Adam as bottom 2 has worked & his fans are rejuvenated. Nice job of manipulation by the producers eh?

I'm glad the ploy, if that's what it is, will ensure Adam stays in the competition. I don't care if it is a ploy! Vote vote vote!

Im with you, snooky! Don't care, ploy or whatever it is, I plan on voting over and over.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Ryan never said that Matt and Adam were the bottom two. I think he did say that Matt, Adam, and Kris were the bottom 2 (though I'm not even sure of that). But after he put Adam with Matt and Kris, Ryan just said he was going to send one person back to safety and that person was Kris.
    It's quite possible Adam was not in the bottom two.

It's also quite possible that all the vote totals (except maybe for Matt) were really, really close. And I think if Adam really was in the bottom two, it was basically a case of him (almost) being "Tamyra'd" or "Daughtry'd."

The judges, especially Simon, really did kind of diss both Kris and Allison -- after having praised both of them -- by overpraising Danny and Adam, both of whom seemed to get special lighting, setting, camera work, etc. Kris's and Allison's fans knew they had to vote like mad to keep them safe. Adam's fans probably assumed he was safe.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;3421617;
    It would be so nice to hear him just sing the song without any screams. He has done it twice but both of them were soft and tender songs, but I would like to hear him to do uptempo song without screaming - just singing it. There's nothing wrong with screaming (Adam actually doesn't sound bad when he's screaming) but I think he overuses it and screaming loses it's effect when overused. That's my problem with him. People are saying that Danny should change it up more because he sounds just the same week after week but I think Adam is not any better.
    Word to that.

Last night would have been a perfect time for Adam to ditch the rock screaming. It didn't fit the theme, and if you've checked out Adam's YouTubes you know he can sound fantastic without belting, screaming, or using his falsetto. And it's early enough in the competition that doing a mellow, jazzy style wouldn't have sent him home.

Adam is the most varied performer ever on AI, and he, by comparison, makes Kelly, Ruben, Taylor, David Cook, Jordin all "sound the same."
    I agree that he's capable of that kind of variety, but I don't think we've heard it a lot on AI.
    I'd agree with your assessment re Ruben, Taylor, and Jordin, and I'd throw in Fantasia, Carrie, David Archuleta, Chris Daughtry, and a few others. But I think David Cook, for one, showed as much versatility.

How many times has Adam sung a song on AI without going up into his screaming falsetto at some point?
    (Unlike a lot of former Idol contestants, Adam "screams" perfectly on key and melodically, but that doesn't mean it can't become tiresome when used too often. Just like Danny's "runs.")

FORT Fogey

2nd all the comments suggesting Adam sing a song truer to the song. I was hoping for it during both disco and rat pack weeks and was pretty disappointed that with his ability to be so different, he was essentially the same.

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

I know for a fact that Adam being in the bottom two was probably a ploy to get people to vote more for him so he'll win, but dammit if I'm not going to vote until all my fingers fall off just in case.

I don't think I've ever liked anyone on the show as much as I love Adam. I'm quickly becoming the rabid fan of that which I hate. Help.
    Last edited by HurriKaty; 04-30-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    You've been Philiminated.

+ Reply to Thread