+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 195 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

...hate to ruin it for all the Adam fans... (actually I don't )
    But I don't believe for a second that he will be the next Idol.

I know that opinions like mine get Adam fans rallied up to vote.
    But I'm convinced that it doesn't make a difference anymore.
    I think he is that far behind whoever will be the next Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3430006;
    I can't believe that nobody has talked about the fact that Adam was 2nd from LAST last night!!!! We have to VOTE people!!! We can't take this for granted, or he is going to be eliminated!!!! Adam has incredible talent and should be the winner of this competition, but he won't be, if we don't get as many people as possible voting for him!!!
    I'm not an Adam fan, but I don't believe for a second that he was in the bottom. TPTB wanted to make sure there was drama and him being in the bottom was the way to go
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3424347;
    Why would any fan of Adam not want him to get all the perks---financial support, media appearances, product sponsorships, parades even!---that the AI winner gets? Does anyone really think he would prefer to be labeled forever, as Clay is, "runner-up"? That he would prefer to be hustled off-stage while the winner smiles and sings through the confetti? That he would prefer to be called "the shock" instead of "the winner" at the office water-coolers?

Adam FTW!
    I hardly think that Clay is known these days as the "runner-up to Ruben Studdard." I mean, he has recorded hit albums and been on Broadway since his time on AI...

Like I said, I have always been an Adam fan and will continue to be. I would love to see him win, and I think he has more than a good chance of winning. However, I won't be totally shocked if he doesn't win (it could very well be Danny...ugh), and I think he'll still be very successful even if he doesn't take the whole thing. There are a number of non-winners who have done just fine and even outshined previous AI champions...Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, to name a few...

I'm not a fan of Adam, I'm just not into the screaming all the time. Next week is Guns N' Roses week which will be right up Adam's alley! I expect him to pick a huge song and sing the heck out of it, he sort of reminds me of an Axl Rose type of singer so it's a good fit.

I can't believe that nobody has talked about the fact that Adam was 2nd from LAST last night!!!! We have to VOTE people!!! We can't take this for granted, or he is going to be eliminated!!!! Adam has incredible talent and should be the winner of this competition, but he won't be, if we don't get as many people as possible voting for him!!!
    I am ashamed to admit that I haven't voted once. HOWEVER, I'll be hitting redial all night next Tuesday. I bet Adam's groupies will make sure he has the largest lead for the rest of the competition.

FORT Fogey

razorbacker, re: Pimp spot (AKA, last): It is true that Adam has gone last 3 times, to Lil's twice and others' once. However:
    Adam and Danny were each last in their respective Top 36 Groups. All the others went last once later.
    Adam went last on 4/07 ("Mad World"), when the show RAN OUT of TIME, and he wasn't seen by many in Real Time, nor did he get a full judging (the Standing "O" spoke volumes, but still).
    THIS week was arguably a "make-up Pimp Spot" for that, but Adam was quickly DE-pimped with "theatrical, Broadway, sleazy."
    If Adam hadn't gone last this Tuesday, whoever did would have had their second shot. That will be next week.
    Last edited by WinkyD; 04-30-2009 at 12:36 PM.

FORT Fogey

Michael Slezak over at Entertainment Weekly got all poetic today after last nights Bottom Three scare. He composed this lyric (sung to the tune of Frank Sinatra's "My Way")

And now, the end is near
    Ryan presents the final quartet
    My friends, I'll make it clear
    Adam's the bomb, but he's no sure bet
    There's Kris, and Allison
    Ole' Danny, too. Turnabout's fair play
    But how, the bottom two? I blame the stairway

Regrets, I've had a few
    Those busy nights, I didn't vote hard
    Tonight, was scary proof
    Fan bases can get caught way off-guard
    Rock week, it should be great
    As long as there's no karaoke
    What's more, we might just put the 'Go' in Gokey
    Read the whole article here: Cake, rattle, and roll

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC
    What's more, we might just put the 'Go' in Gokey
    Hah! That's hilarious. I hope they do put the 'Go' in Gokey.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Regular

I don't normally post but felt I just had to.

Oddly enough, last Tuesday night, Adam's entrance, how he looked and how he sang, he had an uncanny resemblance to young Elvis Presley. With all his following and incredible talent, who knows - he could be the next EP.

I agree, Imperfect1 ! I said this yesterday. I hope Adam's fans dont just assume that he is in top place, here..and get lazy and not vote. All the MORE reason to VOTE Adam....if he is your favorite.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread