+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 195 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Adam totally sold the Rat Pack strut and swagger last night. I loved pretty much all of it. That last note was insane. Not screaming, IMO....just belting a high note and doing it beautifully. He does it because he can, just like Allison uses her smokey sound because she can, and Kris his mellow voice.....etc. His pipes are a wonder.

FORT Fogey

Yesterday, Ryan said something about the Rat Pack era....not the Rat Pack of Frank, Sammy and Dean as was expected. Not surprising for AI to throw us the curve. Anyway, Adam did "DO" Rat Pack. Somebody said earlier something about LasVegas ..and that was the epicenter of the RP...so everything about Adam's performance was just perfectly suited to the vibes of that era

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3429255;
    Adam totally sold the Rat Pack strut and swagger last night. I loved pretty much all of it. That last note was insane. Not screaming, IMO....just belting a high note and doing it beautifully. He does it because he can, just like Allison uses her smokey sound because she can, and Kris his mellow voice.....etc. His pipes are a wonder.
    ITA, Adam's swagger down the stairwell was a perfect entrance. He totally sold the Rat Pack image. What a showman!

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3429263;
    Somebody said earlier something about LasVegas ..and that was the epicenter of the RP...so everything about Adam's performance was just perfectly suited to the vibes of that era
    Hmmm, Adam Lambert and Las Vegas in this same sentence? What a fantastic thought - I can see his name in neon lights now!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3424489;
    I can't either. Adam is just the entire package. Even if you don't like his style, it's hard to deny that he has that special "star" aura about him. Nobody else even comes close. If he loses, something is wrong with the Universe.
    ..."special "star" aura about him" I agree, and I would be really sad if he didn't win this competition- he is a fantastic singer and I enjoy watching his performance each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangirl;3429354;
    ..."special "star" aura about him" I agree, and I would be really sad if he didn't win this competition- he is a fantastic singer and I enjoy watching his performance each week.

I think the remaining 5 are all very good. Without Adam, it is hard to say if any of the other 4 are better than the other. Adam is the only standout. Whether one likes him or not, he is not just one of the pack, he is separated from the pack and has been for a long time, if not from the beginning.

Saw the cutest video on YouTube - search "Paisley (15 mos) watching Adam Lambert on iPhone." She's just adorable. Who says Adam doesn't appeal to all age groups?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3428880;
    Every note was perfectly on target...nothing pitchy about Adam.

Phrasing and pauses were exactly what the song needed.

If that is theatrical...then give me more
    AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3429386;
    Saw the cutest video on YouTube - search "Paisley (15 mos) watching Adam Lambert on iPhone." She's just adorable. Who says Adam doesn't appeal to all age groups?
    So cute....I'm with Paisley on this one.
    CYA

Rock week would have to be Adam's week.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I can't believe that nobody has talked about the fact that Adam was 2nd from LAST last night!!!! We have to VOTE people!!! We can't take this for granted, or he is going to be eliminated!!!! Adam has incredible talent and should be the winner of this competition, but he won't be, if we don't get as many people as possible voting for him!!!

+ Reply to Thread