+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 195 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Adam was okay, but he needs to avoid some of the screechier high notes. They detract from the emotional expression of his songs. And no, Adam was not far ahead of the other front-runners. Kris and Danny gave Adam solid competition. Kris is a great vocal stylist (tho the musical arrangement didn't fit his performance last night), and Danny was fantastic, with his powerful, soulful performance.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3428565;
    ...he did not "scream" at all, so that lame point his critics try to make won't work today.
    Funny! As I listened to him scream again last night (for the first time in a couple of weeks) I thought, "Even his fans can't deny the screaming this time".

The pimp spot once again. Why don't the producers pull the plug on the season & just give Adam the win? I don't believe anyone has ever been quite so spotlighted week after week as Adam. Whether or not he deserves it, it is quite unfair top all the others.

I dont really consider what Adam does as screaming...there comes a point in the sing where it is appropriate to belt it out. Even Steve Tyler from Aerosmith has his signature scream in the song - 'Dream On'. In some songs, it's appropriate, and a place to do so. Certain singers can pull this off, not all.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3428925;
    I dont really consider what Adam does as screaming...there comes a point in the sing where it is appropriate to belt it out. Even Steve Tyler from Aerosmith has his signature scream in the song - 'Dream On'. In some songs, it's appropriate, and a place to do so. Certain singers can pull this off, not all.
    The scream in "Dream On" is appropriate.
    However Adam adds his scream to every song he's sung on AI and it's no longer new and exciting....but rather old and boring.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3428917;
    Funny! As I listened to him scream again last night (for the first time in a couple of weeks) I thought, "Even his fans can't deny the screaming this time".
    That is exactly what I was thinking. He always adds a scream in every song, some are longer than others, and its jarring to me. If only it was a pleasant sounding glory note but it isn't.

But to those who like Adam, it is exciting to see what he will do next with a song. When he does scream out his note, he is on tune. I'll give him that.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fan

I have been pulling for Adam since the 13 were announced. I thought I saw something in him that was very interesting. As Randy said on one of the early shows, he is the most current, right now contestant. I think he will do some amazing electronic/techno music, and with his androgenous look and knack for production (these days, the video is a big part of the money making for the song), I think he can blaze some new trails in today's music. I don't think he is "already a professional", as some have said. I've heard interviews with him where he basically says, (paraphrased) "look, I've been in LA so long - and I have not hit the big time. I've had a few shows I've taken to pay the bills. But this is what I want to do, and I do need a break". He could try Broadway, but he's said, that isn't exactly what he wants either. That said, I think he needs to take a little more risk yet. He has gone "safe", as in "safe" for Adam, the last two weeks. I think everyone was disappointed on Disco night that he didn't do a very Adam-asque number. But he didn't need to - and he showed how savvy he is as well. He can maybe do safe one more time, then he'll have to really compete again, and remind the fans how he pulled them in originally. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3428933;
    The scream in "Dream On" is appropriate.
    However Adam adds his scream to every song he's sung on AI and it's no longer new and exciting....but rather old and boring.
    I agree, Adam's screams (or sometimes screeches) can seem gratuitous. I really like Adam, but the screeches can put me off. I think they interrupt the emotional continuity of his songs. He should consider dropping them.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by allfollowme;3428769;
    Just because you don't like it, does not means it is a mistake.
    Well, I'm judging on my point of view so I think it was a mistake. But of course I understand everyone has their own opinions, and I understand that there are lots of people who liked it and didn't think it was a mistake.

+ Reply to Thread