+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 195 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I also was on the fence about Adam. It's obvious the guy can sing, and with great emotion-- but was it too 'screechy'? Did he really have true 'talent'? Then, last night I looked him up on Youtube. I found the play he did with Val Kilmer--- the 10 Commandments I think it's called. All I can say is WOW. I had to watch it twice---- this guy has SERIOUS TALENT. (I also like the thicker eyebrows and hair off his face look he had to wear during the performance. It made him much more handsome to me, more shall we say-- rugged?) Anyway, totally changed my wondering if he was talented--- the guy is GREAT.

A definite showman on the stage, but he is quite experienced and has toured in off Broadway production of Wicked so no case of nerves for him. At what point is experience too much, he already has a successful career.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;3381116;
    The only hesitation I have is that overall, I enjoy American Idol to see that person who is a "nobody" get their break into the music world through AI.

I got emotional last night watching Kelly Clarkson perform. I thought, here's a girl who sang with friends, etc for the fun of it and entered Idol and now has a great career.
    Except Kelly wasn't actually "nobody". She'd been trying for years to break into the business, made multiple demo tapes with industry pros, and supposedly had the inside track on a potential recording contract ANYWAY, even before Idol. She just wound up not needing that other opportunity.

Doesn't this old story about Kelly look a LOT like the SAME kind of stories we get about "semi pro" contestants TODAY?

Season 1 (2002) | Was Kelly Clarkson a pro before ''Idol''? | American Idol | In the News | News | Entertainment Weekly

This isn't any kind of attack on Kelly. Just a statement about how naive we all can be about this show. It's been what it is all along.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Wouldn't a nobody be anybody who hadn't actually hadn't become a somebody yet? If you haven't signed a contract yet, I guess you are a nobody?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3380151;
    I'm a big Adam fan... and I agree with you.

I hope he can break through this and just bare his soul. I think it would be game changing.

This is what I think will work against Adam. Unless he can change, he's going to wear out his welcome. His vocal hysterics will become grating as the weeks go on.

Also, people are knocking him on his past experience, but that works against him too. There just isn't any room for him to grow over the course of the competition. A similar thing worked against Chris Daughtry.

I think Adam has mad talent, but I don't really think he will win. I just want him to be in the competition as long as possible and be able to get a career out of this. IMO Broadway should be knockin on his door.

I thought his performance last night was good, but I was surprised at the over-the-top comments by the judges. He was comfortable, he moved well on the stage, and he sang the song well - but it was not my favorite performance of the night. 'Black and white' is one of my very favorite MJ songs, but I thought he oversang it - too much forced inflection. I agree with what others said about him not being a rocker at heart - I think its something he is forcing into his singing rather than something that comes naturally to him.

Quote Originally Posted by awho?;3379438;
    something about him that's fake....can't put my finger on it.
    Agreed. There is nothing at all AUTHENTIC about this guy. It all seems so contrived to me.

He might be an American, but he is not my Idol nor would I want him to be my kid's Idol. He is a good singer, but just too over the top for me.

I don't think Adam will attract those old fashioned viewers who don't like their music too exciting. You know what I mean. I guess they would go more for Danny.

+ Reply to Thread