+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 195 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I have been a huge Adam and Danny fan since the beginning. I initially thought Adam had no chance to win due to his polarizing performance style, and also due to the issue of his sexuality. I think that by changing things up and taking chances, plus his musical knowledge and humble approach -- he can definitely win this thing. Plus, Danny stagnated no doubt. And not because he hasn't performed reasonably well every week, but I think his lack of a broad base of music hurts him, leading also to a lack of edge and surprise. Simon calls it a lack of star power but I think he was too sheltered (not having a tv growing up so I hear and the musical influences limited). Kris is coming up (loved three or four of his performances), but I think he is inconsistent, even more so for Matt. Honestly, liked all of the top 7 each to their own degree. I think of Allison the same as Danny. She has a great voice and performed consistently well but every week seems mostly the same.

I do want Adam to win, and I don't think or at least hope it won't cramp his style. I think that David Cook was crimped down a bit, and his music sounds too much like the Nickleback lite stuff of Daughtery. Then again, Daughtery did not win and his is the most overtly commercial fare of anyone. Still love David Cook, don't get me wrong. He was the first one in a long time that made me really look forward to tuning in. I feel the same way about Adam now. I cannot imagine Adam not winning this thing.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar;3424375;
    I cannot imagine Adam not winning this thing.
    I can't either. Adam is just the entire package. Even if you don't like his style, it's hard to deny that he has that special "star" aura about him. Nobody else even comes close. If he loses, something is wrong with the Universe.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3424489;
    I can't either. Adam is just the entire package. Even if you don't like his style, it's hard to deny that he has that special "star" aura about him. Nobody else even comes close. If he loses, something is wrong with the Universe.
    I agree but if he doesn't win he has a fabulous career ahead of him. I really don't think it matters where he places. He has been seen.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3424489;
    I can't recall any season of AI in which the winner was so obvious.
    Do I like his music as much as Kris Allen? No, because I'm not a big fan of screeching. Kris is more my style.
    But nobody can ignore Adam. He has star quality.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3424523;
    I can't recall any season of AI in which the winner was so obvious.
    Do I like his music as much as Kris Allen? No, because I'm not a big fan of screeching. Kris is more my style.
    But nobody can ignore Adam. He has star quality.
    ITA sdl. Adam just lights up a room! I can't wait for each week's performance and either smile or find myself holding my breath when he sings....he's that good. I can't imagine anyone else winning, although I really love Kris as well. He's much more subtle but wow, is he talented. Dark horse (Kris) straight to the #2 spot, which is a huge compliment.

Adam voters, get ready to vote, vote vote tonight! I've seen in past seasons a contestant seem way ahead of the rest only to have another bypass them because voters thought their favorite was that much farther ahead that they didnt need to vote.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

My phones are ready.

Honestly, I haven't felt inspired to vote for anyone since Daughtry's season. I'll definitely throw Adam some votes tonight.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I went out and got a Go Phone so I can also text votes! I'm "feeling good" about tonight.....

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

You Go Girl! I'll be voting like crazy for Adam tonight.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Go Adam & Allison. Best of the night from what I heard.

+ Reply to Thread