+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 195 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Firewoman, I'll disagree about Danny. He is a gracious, extremely talented performer, who, in my opinion, hasn't had a need to "grow" in this competition. Nor did I agree with the "expert" advice that he was given by the mentors. Danny started out this competition very strong, and he is still going strong and on his way to the Top 2. Adam, who I now also really like, did not start out strong, in my opinion. I recently re-listened to Adam's early performances on AI, and he was literally screeching notes with no emotional connection to the songs. To Adam's credit, he read blogs and took Kara's advice, and added quiet nuance and emotional connection to his recent songs. That's great. It is possible to really like Adam and Danny for different reasons. They are completely different performers with different stylistic goals. That's why it will be a fascinating match-up when they are in the Top 2.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Another great week for Adam. I love the way he always surpises me with his choices. The stuio version is lovely. If Adam doesn't win this season, I'll be SHOCKED and angry. He is just so massively talented.

I agree. I wasn't too sure about him at first but he has totally won me over. I hope he takes the whole thing!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

It's a one horse race this year. No doubt about it- Adam will definitely win.

I'm definitely an Adam fan and have been since the beginning. However, I'm beginning to wonder if it would be better for him not to win and come in second instead. He'll get a recording contract without a doubt. But, if he comes in second, he won't be bound to whatever recording requirements are spelled out in the winner's contract.

Adam is in this thing to win. He seems to want it very much, and is playing by the rules. He wants it, and I want it for him.

FORT Fogey

I am sure Adam wants to win, and I think he should win. The boy is ridiculously talented. His voice is a gift from God, he has charisma in spades and he seems like a sweetheart to boot. The great thing is that I like all of the other contestants and all of them should be able to do well after the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3423511;
    I'm definitely an Adam fan and have been since the beginning. However, I'm beginning to wonder if it would be better for him not to win and come in second instead. He'll get a recording contract without a doubt. But, if he comes in second, he won't be bound to whatever recording requirements are spelled out in the winner's contract.
    I used to think the same thing regarding AI winners but David Cook seems to be doing his own thing/ at his own will.

FORT Fogey

I think these older contestants as evidenced by David Cook and Taylor or more educated contestants as evidenced by Carrie seem to have the brains to make some of their own decisions.

FORT Fogey

Why would any fan of Adam not want him to get all the perks---financial support, media appearances, product sponsorships, parades even!---that the AI winner gets? Does anyone really think he would prefer to be labeled forever, as Clay is, "runner-up"? That he would prefer to be hustled off-stage while the winner smiles and sings through the confetti? That he would prefer to be called "the shock" instead of "the winner" at the office water-coolers?

Adam FTW!
    Last edited by WinkyD; 04-25-2009 at 09:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread