+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 195 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3380899;
    For some reason the teeny bopper girls love him.....I guess they don't realize that he is gay.....or at least bi.
    Did they care all that much with Clay?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3381003;
    Did they care all that much with Clay?
    To be fair, Clay didn't have pictures of himself french kissing another man appear on the internet while the competition was still going. (in fact, I don't think I've ever seen pics of that sort involving Clay. They could be out there though. That's not something that I tend to search for)
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3380089;
    I would love, love, love to see him do something along the lines of glam-rock, ala David Bowie. I would die of sheer happiness seeing that on Idol.
    Now do love me some Adam.. and Bowie.. but I would LOVE for him to do some Muse. They are not Glam Rock by any means.. but the vocal style is just like Adam's. Matthew Bellamy has a range thatís amazing, he can hit a low of A2 and still manages a falsetto, and do so with style. Adam does need to tone down the H.M.S. Pinafore-ness of his singing and learn how to use what heís got.

I haven't seen Adam as "glam" at all, and find it funny that others do. Maybe because I remember the New York Dolls, Old School Bowie, Roxy Music or even Hanoi Rocks. I feel more of a Jared Leto vibe from Adam, as I have mentioned before. Maybe there is a bit of glam, but I think its just the theater part of his personality (feeling the need to be a bit over the top) or even a pre-conceived notion of what Glam is/was.

I think the fact that we donít know who Adam is right now helps a bit.. so many times people on here kavetch about the fact that so-and-so is so pigeon-holed that they will not be able to deal well with [insert stupid theme week name here] week, yet here is someone that will be able to pull off nearly every [insert stupid theme week name here] thrown at him with a reasonable amount of credibility. I really hope he sticks around a while, he still has a lot to learn, and I think just as much that he can show us.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3381014;
    To be fair, Clay didn't have pictures of himself french kissing another man appear on the internet while the competition was still going. (in fact, I don't think I've ever seen pics of that sort involving Clay. They could be out there though. That's not something that I tend to search for)
    True, Lil Bit, but IMO (and this is only MHO), the teeny-bopper/tween Clay fan(atic) would have had to have been blind not to at least wonder (if not outright assume) about Clay's sexual orientation before he came out.

In the end, in this day and age, what does it matter, anyway?
    Last edited by lobeck; 03-12-2009 at 10:44 AM.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Exactly Lobeck!

I hate that anyone and everyone is playing that 'gay card' with Adam. So what hes gay.. I still think hes kinda cute.. and i like his singing, and his personality.. I can't care less who hes in a relationship with. This is American Idol, not Gay Idol or Straight Idol or Top Scallo... ohh wait wrong show..

I guess my point is, if he is gay, hes gay, if he wants the world to know.. he will say .. if he doesn't, so what. I am not going to like or dislike someone based on the sex of their partner or if there is a pic on the net of them French kissing someone.. I have French kissed my boyfriend, I’m sure there is a pic of it somewhere.. I don't see the big deal if Adam has the same.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3381033;
    Exactly Lobeck!

I hate that anyone and everyone is playing that 'gay card' with Adam. So what hes gay.. I still think hes kinda cute.. and i like his singing, and his personality.. I can't care less who hes in a relationship with. This is American Idol, not Gay Idol or Straight Idol or Top Scallo... ohh wait wrong show..

I guess my point is, if he is gay, hes gay, if he wants the world to know.. he will say .. if he doesn't, so what. I am not going to like or dislike someone based on the sex of their partner or if there is a pic on the net of them French kissing someone.. I have French kissed my boyfriend, I’m sure there is a pic of it somewhere.. I don't see the big deal if Adam has the same.
    Totally agree. I like Adam and he has a lot of talent.

The only hesitation I have is that overall, I enjoy American Idol to see that person who is a "nobody" get their break into the music world through AI.

I got emotional last night watching Kelly Clarkson perform. I thought, here's a girl who sang with friends, etc for the fun of it and entered Idol and now has a great career.

I think that's why I'm rooting for Danny right now. I am amazed at his abilitiy and have been impressed with him week after week.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3380899;
    For some reason the teeny bopper girls love him.....I guess they don't realize that he is gay.....or at least bi.
    Oh, honey! Oldest story in the world. Women have been falling for gay men since the beginning of time.

For those that consider Adam a screamer - you should hear the studio cut of B&W on iTunes. He matches Michael's intensity and every note is pure gold. The microphone really loves this guy. Also, Matt G's Human Nature is lithe and jazzy.

Adam has incredible range and control. And it doesn't hurt that he sang my favorite MJ song.

Quote Originally Posted by Deberoo;3379395;
    Guess you have to like that genre. And, he's not stuck there.
    Damn right he does. The tubey place has a clip of Adam Lambert singing "The Prayer".

I was blown away
    Last edited by jasminefan; 03-12-2009 at 05:07 PM.

I don't care about his sexuality. It doesn't effect me one way or the other. Just like it didn't phase me one bit when Clay came out (I do consider myself a ClayManiac and I still think he's sexy even though he's gay). I just don't like Adam's style. I've never been into the whole Goth thing and I did like when he sang Cher but I don't like that he screamed the lyrics of one of my favorite MJ songs. And TopCatDC, I know B&W forwards and backwards (I have it on my iPod!) and I thought that it was almost unrecognizable, and not in a good way.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fan

Oooh, FireWoman, a little Muse by Adam would be awesome! Loves me some Muse.

Funny thing on the sexuality/teenybopper front ... my sixteen year old tells me that at her high school, girls loooove Adam, much as they love Kris. Yes, they realize Adam's obviously gay, but there's some sort of weird teenage fantasy that they can turn him to their team. Same goes for Kris - he's married, but in their world, maybe he'll break up with his wife and come to our suburban digs. I don't think sexuality/marital status necessarily has a lot to do with teen fans, at least in an urban area.

Not so odd ... I remember as an elementary school student loving the Bay City Rollers and thinking I'd grow up and marry the drummer. Didn't happen.

+ Reply to Thread