+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 195 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3380148;
    Glam Rock.

Of course Glam Rock has had it's day already. Big moused hair, eye makeup, clothes in eye gouging colors and styles, vaguely Goth (or more properly pre-Goth since it came first) themes, etc.
    You've just described a photo shoot, not a record album.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3379447;
    Black or white was the best of the night. Love it so much.
    He totally butchered one of my favorite MJ songs. I thought it was ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS! It was really just a bunch of screaming. I like rockers as much as the next person but not this kind of rocker. I really don't like this guy at all!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fan

I think the close ups make him look like a made up sorta trans - something. i just don't like the theatrics, over the top performances. I agree...you either love him or hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3379954;
    According to one of the fansites for him that have sprung up, he was also a member of an alt-rock band. That same site called him a "musical chameleon", which I guess makes him perfect for AI, at that. I've said from the beginning that he hasn't settled on the type of artist he wants to be, and even though the judges were falling all over him last night, I still think it's going to be an issue for him in the weeks to come. Adam would do well to remember that the most successful AI alumni - Carrie, Daughtry, and Kelly - had definite, identifiable genres. He'd better decide if he wants to be Cher, Freddie Mercury, Prince, or whatever.
    Sorry, I had to laugh at that one. I just googled him awhile ago and was amazed at some of his personas, so to speak. He is indeed a chameleon and I'm actually interested in seeing what he comes up with on AI that would set him into one particular genre. When he finished his song last night he had this look in his eyes that was a little unnerving!

Adam should also remember that the LAST guy who tried this shtick on a music themed reality show was the unfortunate Lukas Rossi. And that didn't work out so well for him in the long run (as shown by the number of times the phrase "Lukas Who" just got asked in response to this post -- hint, he won Rock Star: Supernova, toured with Tommy Lee for about five minutes, and then faded back into obscurity).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie

I've always liked Adam from the very beginning of his audition and last night singing was fantastic! He is my favorite singer and I hope he wins this competition-my personal opinion!

I have mixed feelings on him, but I think it's pretty interesting that Simon said ...people will be talking about him / performance. Like him, dislike him, polarizing or not, people are talking a lot about him.

I can't say the same about very many of the others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Do not like this kid....I felt like he was screaming that song. It was horrible, imo.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Newbie

I really didn't like his performance either. I was just saying 'what?!?!' when the judges were singing their praises of him. Ick ick ick!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

For some reason the teeny bopper girls love him.....I guess they don't realize that he is gay.....or at least bi.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread