+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 195 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Something just occured to me that I hope isn't in the works. Remember when Clay and Ruben were top 2? To this day, most Clay fans think he actually won, but it was rigged for Ruben to win. What was the result? Clay's album sold a gazillion more than Ruben's with people buying multiple copies to prove a point. What if they somehow puff Danny up to make a win against Adam plausable? I think the Adam fans would react in much the same way as Clay fans. I don't think this is actually happening ever since I saw that look in Simon's eyes after the Mad World performance, but if I wanted to think the worst of this show, that would be my theory.
    Count your blessings!

I heard people speculating that voters for Clay couldn't get through during the final voting.
    If that was the case i would assume that it was technical difficulties, and not foul play.
    Idol productions wouldn't be so stupid, to risk one of the biggest franchises ever.

A scandal involving tempering with the votes would be the end of American Idol.
    I am convinced that they are trying to manipulate the audience.
    There are endless possibilities to let a contestant look stupid, for example.
    But no tempering with the votes.

Clay Aiken is for me, without a doubt, the winner of AI2.
    Ruben Studdard? Right.
    But it doesn't matter anymore, people can see for themselves how the two turned out.

FORT Fanatic

I think it is a little early to know that Adam and Danny will be the final two. Mostly because Danny's star is fading fast and all the talk from the judges trying to presuade the audience that he is a talent to be reckoned with will fall on deaf ears.
    Danny does not have that star power and all his attempts at gaining star power look so amatuer. Adam with his acting background and his voice had that star power before he entered the AI show. If you really listen to Simon he knows what Adam shows on the stage. Its what every record producer wants when someone comes in promoting a new talent in the pop world.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3410376;
    ......If that was the case i would assume that it was technical difficulties, and not foul play.
    Idol productions wouldn't be so stupid, to risk one of the biggest franchises ever. A scandal involving tempering with the votes would be the end of American Idol.

I am convinced that they are trying to manipulate the audience.
    But no tampering with the votes.

Clay Aiken is for me, without a doubt, the winner of AI2.
    Ruben Studdard? Right.
    But it doesn't matter anymore, people can see for themselves how the two turned out.
    ITA with both of your points.
    1) Outright tampering or lying, no. Waaaaay too much financial risk. Too many would have to be involved to pull it off. However, if there were technical issues.......Still very risky, still damaging if exposed, but could possibly be tamped down a bit with some good P.R.

2) Manipulate the audience - absolutely. And with 7 seasons of trend analysis on performance-comment-voting data behind them (is it 7?), they have some good ideas what works. How many times have you heard this comment combo from Simon/Randy/Ryan:

Simon: "Well Joe/Jane, that was" choose one: "[not your best, mediocre, indulgent, etc] and I think [you might be in trouble, that might not be enough, etc]
    Randy: Dawg, I know you [can bring it, have a mad voice, sing your face off, etc], but, [that song was not the best for you, I didn't like the arrangement, etc].
    Ryan: Ok, so if you want to keep Joe/Jane in this, you HAVE to vote. Joe/Janes number is..........

Adam does provide tons of entertainment to the show. He is enjoyable to watch, makes me wonder what he's going to come up with each week, etc. His voice is good, but mostly I just like watching him. For these reasons, I cannot see myself ever buying a cd by Adam. I'd go see him in a show/concert/play, but just for listening? Not as much.

And I have downloaded every show song & ITunes song of his (except Ring of Fire), and I enjoy listening to them so much. Without watching him, you appreciate even more what a beautiful voice he has. And I didn't even start out as an Adam fan - I was a Danny fan, all the way.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Yeah, listen to the downloads. He has an amazing voice! I really like the ROF download, but not the performance as much. I love all his songs, and listen to them in the car. The added bonus for me is actually seeing Adam perform. He's mesmerizing! I can't wait for his performance each week. There is just something about him. If he's ever in the bottom, he's the one who'll get the save......not that I think he'll be in the bottom.

I cannot get Mad World out of my head now. I go around trying to hum and lalala it, but with those wierd half tone shifts and my lack of singing prowress, I keep ending up nowhere near the right note. Makes me appreciate Adam even more!
    Count your blessings!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I've got "Mad World" running through my head too! It's one of the nicest earworms I've had in a long time. I bought the studio version and that last note gives me chills.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

sdl

In addition to creating anticipation for what he will do each week, I think what Adam does better than anyone on this show is project his personality in a very favorable way. I didn't start out as a fan, and still don't like his voice as much as some others, but I am convinced that he is a genuinely nice person.
    That counts for a lot.

+ Reply to Thread