+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 195 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3409844;
    So in my opinion, whichever of the Kris/Matt duo is consistently fantastic in the next few weeks will be in the F4 with Danny, Adam, and Allison.
    Exactly - which is why fan bases are so useful. Up until the final four Danny and Adam can have off weeks, and it doesn't matter. Their fans will dial like crazy to keep them safe. The others have to be great every single week, or they are on the chopping block.

Anoop, Lil, and and (surprisingly) Danny seem to have hit their ceiling - I haven't seen any breakthroughs with them in the past weeks. They have all been good, but they haven't surprised me. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but it's getting kind of late in the game to make a break for the top.

Kris, Allison, and to a lesser extent Matt, have dazzled occasionally - so we know they have it in them. Can they be consistent from here on out? Whoever can will head into the final stretch.

Adam is just sitting there in a class by himself. Love him or hate him, he executes his performance flawlessly week after week and always pushes the creative boundary. (OK, he overshoots the mark sometimes, but if you are charting new territory that's the risk you take.)

It's going to get interesting now because the obvious AI "canon fodder" (Michael, Scott, and Megan) have been dispatched. From here on out, the cuts are going to hurt.

Pillbeam, you are probably right, but I sure hope not. I'm just thinking since Danny's performances are becoming so lackluster, he's had no criticism from the judges, that maybe he will be a shock bootee. When they finally choose to tell him how bland he has become, maybe the general public will take notice and stop propping him up with votes. This is my fantasy, so that's what I'm hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3409936;
    Pillbeam, you are probably right, but I sure hope not. I'm just thinking since Danny's performances are becoming so lackluster, he's had no criticism from the judges, that maybe he will be a shock bootee. When they finally choose to tell him how bland he has become, maybe the general public will take notice and stop propping him up with votes. This is my fantasy, so that's what I'm hoping.
    I don't think Danny's performances are "lackluster," but I do agree it will be time for Danny to start worrying if the judges ditch their praise and start calling him dull. That will affect votes. But the judges haven't done that yet, so Danny's train is continuing to roll toward the station (final 2).

Frankly, I think Danny's biggest problem is Adam, who so far has been light years ahead of Danny and everyone else in creativity and vocal dexerity. Though, the advantage that Danny has is a down-to-earthness that is a soulful pleasure for his fans, like me. The difference is kind of like Michael McDonald (Danny) versus Steven Tyler (Adam). And I love both McDonald and Tyler, but in different ways.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I think Adam is in a completely different catagory than Danny. It is comparing apples and oranges. Personally, I am an apple girl!
    But, when it comes to performance, Adam is in a much higher level than Danny. Danny stands there and sings, Adam produces a performance and executes it. Love it or hate it, you have to admit that he does a lot more with each song than any other contestant.

It probably will be a Danny/Adam finale; with Adam as a clear winner. That is why I'm trying to find an Allison fanbase that will chip away at Kris, Anoop, etc. until it matches or surpasses Danny's. This will be an uphill road and Allison has to produce out of the park products from here on out. She, as Pillbeam has said of Danny and Adam, currently pulls in the rocker crowd - light weight Dilana, perhaps - and it depends if the pop rock crowd around Kris will be swayed in her direction or Adam's direction. All I can do is vote my fingers off for her to keep her out of the bottom three, and once she does leave, vote my fingers off for Adam.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm really hoping for a Adam/Allison final. Adam isn't really my cup of tea. But has a brillant voice. And Allison has a voice that gives me chills sometimes. I think probably vocally their is the largest contrast between the two of them. He is more high and pristine and she is more down and dirty. I think it would make a killer final.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fan

I think at a minimum the judges/Idol have finally arrived at the point where they know how they want this to play out. They would like final three to be Adam, Allison, Danny (not sure the order). When you think of commercial, money-making possibilities, all three tap an area Idol could see great profits in.

1. Adam, whether he winds up with BIG broadway opportunities, or more mainstream, is going to be money.
    2. Danny can do well in the Christian, rock, light rock audience - which is bigger than one might think, and growing. He could also get some cross over.
    3. Allison, they are starting to see Kelly in her (as Randy mentioned last week). perhaps with a touch of alternative rock, which is also not so bad. They know they just need to get her likeability factor up.

I think they know all three of these present the best opportunities to make money, maybe in different areas. Money is what it is all about = and these days, the best chance at that is to cover several different markets. Remember, its not just the winner that they have dibs on. We learned from the Josiah Leming story that Idol has right of first refusal on record contracts. And their obvious effort to get some diversity in the group this year will have paid off if they can tap more than one market.

I will eat my hat (well, I don't even own a hat, but....) if Adam isn't in the F2 - but I do think Danny is big competition. He has a huge fanbase, and they really played up the story of his wife dying. He also has a very nice voice, and many can't get past how different Adam is. In the end, I do think Adam will win, but I believe it will be a Danny/Adam finale, with Allison in the F3.

I cannot believe I am rooting 100% for Adam. I liked him in the auditions, but was a Danny fan. But Adam has now way surpassed him (& everyone else).
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3409521;
    I wish Adam would sing Unchained Melody for next week movie theme.
    Oh My ,I would LOVE for him to sing Unchained Melody.

The list of possibilites of songs for him this week is endless. I wonder how limited the list really is? I am sure it will be a moment for him though. I cannot wait!

Adam's Mad World video on YouTube was the second most viewed today. Wow!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

+ Reply to Thread