+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

FORT Fan

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

[QUOTE=TopCatDC;3408819;]There is a huge advantage to contestants working at a professional level since they were kids. They have had years of voice coaching from pros AND they have been constantly on stage, TV etc where they have been expected to deliver quality work. This does several things:
    • Teaches them how to pace themselves
    • How to use lights, the band, staging for effect
    • What kind of material works for them
    • How to take a piece of material that DOESN'T work for them and adapt it
    • How to learn music, dance, take direction very quickly

TCDC - That's exactly what I meant - you said it. And you can really see it with Adam. His performances look far more "produced" than any of the others. I bet behind the scenes, he is doing much more of the directing of how he wants things to go (with the band, the lighting, etc) than any of the other contestants combined.

An Allison/Adam finale isn't so unlikely.
    And I think Allison would have a shot at being the next Idol, but she had to be very good, consistently.
    No room for mistakes, specially when they are down to 5.

There have never been two male Idols in a row.
    Female Idols 4, male 3.

Just going by the type, I think Idol production would just love to have Allison as the next Idol.
    Allison Iraheta - Season 8 Contestants - American Idol
    I made the comparison to Miley Cyrus before. Of course it's not about identical looks, I know they're not twins.
    But the type seems to be popular and a good business these days.
    Why shouldn't Idol have the same thing as Disney?
    Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, there seems to be a big market for young, harmless, simple minded, not rebellious, teenager acts.

Adam could be the runner up, and they would send him gladly off to Broadway.

Kriss seems to get weaker.
    Danny reminds me of Elliott Yamin (type wise), which can go far, but all the way to the top?
    Matt could be a "wild card", but he would have bring constant, amazing, performances to the stage. For weeks. Chances are slim.

If Allison is consistent, flawless, and, versatile, she has a chance of taking it all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3409594;
    If Allison is consistent, flawless, and, versatile, she has a chance of taking it all.
    So far in this competition, who better fits the description of consistent, flawless and versatile:
    1. Allison
    2. Adam

FORT Fan

Adam has the star quality that Allison , IMHO, lacks

I would love to see the 2 of them as the final 2 however

I don't even like Broadway...but I love Adam. When he sings others songs he makes them new...ie, Play that Funky Music....that could be a hit all over again...even tho every bar band around has played it before LOL

I think of Freddy Mercury....and other "theatrical" rock bands....whatever Adam does it will be interesting!

Danny is his biggest threat, not Allison.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3409426;
    Kelly Clarkson. She's still the Idol sales champ. Carrie is #2.
    Technically you are correct but it comes with a 3 year head start & 2 album lead.

FORT Fogey

I'm taking bets now. There is no way Allison will win.
    However, I wouldn't be shocked at an A-A F2, given their placement in the recent Ford "Circus" commercial.

Streisand started on Broadway. Did she stay there? That would be a "no". Adam can make the transition to other stages, as well.
    No matter what the Theme Night, Adam's performance was THE one talked about (not that others weren't, but his, IMO, dominated).

I think Adam will go first next week. He's been #8 the last 3 weeks, meaning: third-last; second-last; last. The Wheel of Fortune has him now at the top, as it were. And now HE can set the bar!
    Last edited by WinkyD; 04-10-2009 at 08:18 AM.

I said that I hope for an Adam/Allison finale. I want Adam to be the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3409656;
    Danny is his biggest threat, not Allison.
    I would have agreed with this a couple weeks ago, but not anymore. I haven't seen Danny improve or have what I consider a flawless performance lately, where Allison, I feel has.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 04-10-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3409727;
    I would have agreed with this a couple weeks ago, but not anymore. I haven't seen Danny improve or have what I consider a flawless performance lately, where Allison, I feel has.
    Yes, exactly. Allison has passed Danny and is leaving him in her dust. I also agree that the way Allison and Adam were featured in the most recent Ford video says a lot about how TPTB want this all to turn out.

+ Reply to Thread