[QUOTE=TopCatDC;3408819;]There is a huge advantage to contestants working at a professional level since they were kids. They have had years of voice coaching from pros AND they have been constantly on stage, TV etc where they have been expected to deliver quality work. This does several things:
- Teaches them how to pace themselves
- How to use lights, the band, staging for effect
- What kind of material works for them
- How to take a piece of material that DOESN'T work for them and adapt it
- How to learn music, dance, take direction very quickly
TCDC - That's exactly what I meant - you said it. And you can really see it with Adam. His performances look far more "produced" than any of the others. I bet behind the scenes, he is doing much more of the directing of how he wants things to go (with the band, the lighting, etc) than any of the other contestants combined.