+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

countertenor is the highest Way.. and based on all I have seen, heard, read, and know.. Adam IS in that range.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Isn't there a higher male range called "castrato"? wink, wink, nudge, nudge
    Count your blessings!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3409283;
    countertenor is the highest Way.. and based on all I have seen, heard, read, and know.. Adam IS in that range.
    Counter or contratenor is the range I am hearing. Thanks for that. When I hear him sing I think of boy sopranos (those clear angelic tones you hear in the boy choirs) only with an adult resonance. I wonder, though, if he does have a sustainable lower range?

After being on the fence, I've fallen over into his backyard. I'm still pulling for Allison like mad and would love to see her gain a fan base larger than Danny's so she and Adam can sing duets in the Finale. With her lower range and his higher, they would be an interesting blend.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: Matching Carrie's numbers:
    Who has? Does her winning Country's ETY Award somehow dim the lights of the men who lost to her?
    Plus, Country takes care of its own; it didn't hurt Carrie to perform with Kenny Chesney on his tour and with Keith Urban as a co-headliner.
    Anyway, after each Finale, it's every singer for him- or herself, against ALL others.

Wasn't Rock all theatrical once? Hair, outfits, pyrotechnics, smashed instruments, make-up,...? Blue-suede shoes and a pink Panama with a purple hat-band? AI Adam is TAME!

Is his CD out yet? Hee!
    Last edited by WinkyD; 04-09-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3409311;
    Counter or contratenor is the range I am hearing. Thanks for that. When I hear him sing I think of boy sopranos (those clear angelic tones you hear in the boy choirs) only with an adult resonance. I wonder, though, if he does have a sustainable lower range?

After being on the fence, I've fallen over into his backyard. I'm still pulling for Allison like mad and would love to see her gain a fan base larger than Danny's so she and Adam can sing duets in the Finale. With her lower range and his higher, they would be an interesting blend.
    Yes! On the Mad World studio cut, he sounds angelic. So pure and beautiful. I'm definitely smitten with the voice.

Adam, Allison finale? One can only hope. Must keep Danny OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3409311;
    After being on the fence, I've fallen over into his backyard. I'm still pulling for Allison like mad and would love to see her gain a fan base larger than Danny's so she and Adam can sing duets in the Finale.
    I totally agree -- I am hoping for an Adam/Allison finale. You expressed my thoughts exactly.

In fact, I am hoping that Kris or Matt end up as third, and Danny Gokey goes out at Top 4 or 5.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3409328;
    Re: Matching Carrie's numbers:
    Who has?
    Kelly Clarkson. She's still the Idol sales champ. Carrie is #2.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3409426;
    Kelly Clarkson. She's still the Idol sales champ. Carrie is #2.
    Is Clay #3? I know he's not technically a "winner" (although that's debatable since I totally believe that they either rigged it or their equipment messed up the votes. Either way...) but he does have a very successful career.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3409332;
    Yes! On the Mad World studio cut, he sounds angelic. So pure and beautiful. I'm definitely smitten with the voice.

Adam, Allison finale? One can only hope. Must keep Danny OUT!
    I am falling into this camp of thought too...
    count on me for votes!

I wish Adam would sing Unchained Melody for next week movie theme.

+ Reply to Thread