+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tank;3409085;
    I define him fabulous!
    More proof that he is definitely Broadway material.
    I don't think any Top40 artist would like to be labeled fabulous.
    Would Flo Rida like to be called fabulous?
    I don't think so.

FORT Fogey

Even though Adam's got a musical theater background, I think he's shown time after time that he is capable of more.

I liken him to Freddie Mercury the most, but also Mick Jaggar, the guy from Arrowsmith, etc. He's a showman and a great singer. Just like these guys.

I actually think Adam's style is better suited to the rock world than to broadway. I can only see him performing types of musical theatre. Wicked or Cats would make sense to me, but Les Miserable and Annie would not.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3409132;
    I don't think so.
    Lady Gaga?

And lots from the past, of course. David Bowie? Elton John?

And it kind of looks as if fabulous may be making a bit of a comeback. Not with Flo Rida, of course, but ...

On the Broadway thing -- Have you heard his version of Come to Me, Bend to Me? If you can do Brigadoon, you can probably do all kinds of Broadway, actually! lol

I don't think so.
    I've been checking out Adam's musical videos and he's definitely Broadway material. But so what? Plenty of pop/rock stars have eventually ended up on Broadway. So why shouldn't the reverse be true? Adam could go from musical theater to pop/rock star, if he sticks with the "Mad World" kind of vibe.
    What's fascinating for me is that Adam has evolved on this show from the traditional musical theater sensibility in the auditions to a more contemporary rock vibe in recent weeks. Which is the "real" Adam? I don't care, as long as he continues to wow me with his singing.

--
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-09-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I don't think so.
    Would be a cold day in hell before I would call Flo Rida anything that complimentary.

FORT Fogey

As many of you know, Adam Lambert did Gary Jules' 2001 version of "Mad World".

Jules told the Associated Press:

"It was fantastic," he says. "He has a beautiful voice. ... I heard his Michael Jackson cover and I heard some of his other stuff, and I think that he's probably one of the most -- if not the most — interesting performer I've ever seen on 'American Idol.'"

I love this guy. he reminds me of a modern day Elvis. This kid can sing. Geez I must have replayed tracks of my tears & mad world a million times already. I cant wait to buy his recordings. Adam IS the bomb, I will be shocked if he isn't the next American Idol.

I'm not judging, far from it.

Specially not when it comes to orientation.
    Otherwise I wouldn't call Clay one of the all time highlights of American Idol.
    But it is what it is. Adam is theater on two feet.
    The first thing that comes to my mind when I see an Adam performance,
    is "musical".
    If he sings a Motown Song, it's "Motown the Musical", and so on.
    And that has it's limitations.

That could keep him from being the next American Idol.
    Even though I have no idea who could be the next Idol, and why.

One thing is for sure, he doesn't have to worry about employment after Idol is over.

The studio version of Mad World is on the internet now, and O.M.G. I don't care how you label it, I'd buy an album with everything he's done so far on Idol. I had his Brigadoon song (Come to me, Bend to me) as my "favorites" link to youtube, but I may have to change it to the studio version of MW. I'm a woman of a "certain age" with 3 mostly grown children, and I just swoon over his vocals. His whole genuine presentation is the icing on the cake. I love his showmanship. When the lights came up for his song this week with the seated white light trip, I filled my lungs in anticipation of what he was about to do. NONE of the other contestants even matter for me this year. I have never had my Idol favorite win, and if Adam doesn't win this year, I dont' know how I'll contain my disappointment. Do I sound like a fainting fangirlie yet?
    Count your blessings!

You've got plenty of fangirlie company, Gutmutter. I just nabbed the studio version of Mad World, and also a couple of vids from YouTube before they take them down (his second performance of Satisfaction and the Idol performance of Mad World). They are now safely in my collection.

I was reading that his range is pushing countertenor - I thought tenor was the highest male voice?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread