+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 195 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I'll say it right now. He'll never match the numbers Carrie Underwood has put up, if he wins.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3408576;
    I'll say it right now. He'll never match the numbers Carrie Underwood has put up, if he wins.
    You're right, Unklescott. Carrie is one in a million. There are not very many artists who can become as popular/successful as Carrie period... let alone one that got to stardom through American Idol. I think ALL of the Idols and Idol contestants going forward will just have to be content to have a HUGE boost to their career. If Kelly Pickler can leverage this show into making a decent living, then I'm sure Adam will be able too also - win OR lose.

And see, I think Adam will FAR outsell Carrie.

It remains to be seen of course. I feel Adam will be a force in the industry like few have ever seen or heard. JMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3408576;
    I completely agree! Adam is the kind of singer who can really capture an audience and make them take notice. Sharing a stage with the other AI performers, he stands out because his staging is so strong. But his style of music is not widely popular. I think there are A LOT of people who are wowed by him on AI who would not be moved to go out and buy his album. On the flip side, Carrie Underwood not only held on to her AI audience, but as a country singer she then had doors open to an entirely new (and extremely loyal) country audience which translated into additional album sales rather than the limitations that Adam will face.

None of the present contestants will equal Carrie's success. I don't know if anyone on AI ever will again.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

No disrespect to those who like country - but that's why I don't really ever hear her other than that one song about revenge on the cheating boyfriend. One song doesn't do it. Yes, I know she must have others - but that's the only one that got major airplay for those who listen to OTHER than country. Whereas, I think Adam will be Top 40 material, Adult Contemporary, Alternative, Rock and more. Just my opinion again.

I don't dislike Carrie - but other than that song - never have heard any of her material played.

FORT Fogey

the night is still young guys. it's not over yet. but i agree at this point let's stop the competition and give him the title

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3408634;
    No disrespect to those who like country - but that's why I don't really ever hear her other than that one song about revenge on the cheating boyfriend. One song doesn't do it.
    Oh, now you've gone and done it.

{{backing away before Razorbacker gets here}}

I doubt Adam will come close to even Clay's numbers, let alone Carrie or Kelly.

Carris is country. Ugh. How can you even compare to Adam.

It's a comparison of the ability to sell CDs, not a comparison based on genre. Country fans are incredibly loyal and buy tons of CDs. Successful country artists sell mind-blowing amounts of albums and concert tickets, and they have amazing staying power. There aren't many country artists that will outsell Carrie, never mind AI winners. Adam, IMO, doesn't even know what musical genre he should be, so I wouldn't bother predicting his sales numbers just yet.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread