+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 195 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3407862;
    At the end of his song last night when the camera zoomed in on Simon, you could see the cartoon dollar signs flashing in his eyes. His face glowed like a honeymoon bride's.
    I thought the same thing when he stood up to give the standing ovation. Simon's in heaven.

Adam has this thing in the bag (he should, anyway). He's one of my favorite AI contestants ever, and one of the very few who have made me go hunting for more clips of them online. I'd download his stuff in a heartbeat.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I don't care for Adam. I don't like his style of singing or his fashion style. But I will admit the dude can sing and he nailed that last night.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Robert Plant - Jimmy Page
    Stephen Tyler - Joe Perry
    Chester Bennington - Mike Shinoda
    Adam Lambert - ??

I can't think of a successful solo artist who 'screamed'. The heroes of this genre all were part of something much larger. And, they were balanced out by singularly great performers who also played a significant role in the success of the group.

Adam may well win the title this year, but I doubt his future success as a solo artist. I believe he'll either return to a successful career on Broadway, join a group (don't see that happening) or have moderate success with his first CD, based on his following on AI, then fade away like some other AI winners.

I won't even tell you how many times I've watched video of his performance last night on the tubey place. It's such a haunting redition. I read on another board that Jules was very impressed with Adam and was trying to get tickets to tonights show. What an awesome compliment for Adam, and so deserved.

FORT Fanatic

Just give the guy the contract after last nights performance. Who else brought anything remotley comparible to the stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3407895;
    Adam Lambert - ??

I can't think of a successful solo artist who 'screamed'. The heroes of this genre all were part of something much larger. And, they were balanced out by singularly great performers who also played a significant role in the success of the group.

Adam may well win the title this year, but I doubt his future success as a solo artist. I believe he'll either return to a successful career on Broadway, join a group (don't see that happening) or have moderate success with his first CD, based on his following on AI, then fade away like some other AI winners.
    None of us can predict the future, but I sure doubt that Adam will fade away. That isn't likely to happen with him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Wow ! A standing ovation from Simon.

Ben McKenzie performed Mad World on Australian Idol 5 (2007) and it was also very good.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3407895;
    Adam Lambert - ??

The majority of Idol voters and viewers never buy an album or a download. Whether his popularity will translate to music buying fans is yet to be seen. Sanjaya was hugely popular and people tuned in to see what he would do each week too.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I've got to say that Adam seems like such a class act. I am impressed. After the judges praised him last night I loved his very heartfelt/sincere thank you to them. There was no smugness/arrogance present at all (unlike some other contestants). Very classy.
    I'm thinking that his years in the industry have made him realize that praise is hard to come by, so he is more appreciative of it when he receives it.

FORT Fan

Reminder to self : set dvr to record extra "safe" time in case idol runs over
    Have seen Adam's performance on video online...and wow

this guy is ready for his contract, his cd, his tour
    Light years away from any other AI contestant ever IMHO

+ Reply to Thread