+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 195 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3407575;
    Like many other people, my DVR cut off before the show was over (thanks to Paula & Kara's long-winded meandering comments, ugh). I was able to see Adam's performance online (thanks to TopCat for providing a link). I really started out hating this guy, but he has really grown on me a lot. As long as he stays away from humping the camera with his eyes, I could dig him. Him & Allison are my tops right now.
    I disagree. I love the eye hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3407684;
    Eye hump? What? EWWWWW!!!!!!! If you're talking about what I think you're talking about then I don't care who the singer is
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3407558;
    As far as I'm concerned, Adam is "out" on this show and it is a huge relief that he does not have to go through any pretense about being straight, like Clay did six years ago.
    --
    Amen! Idol has always kind of had an unofficial Don't Ask Don't Tell policy. I think Adam realizes that the public is sophisticated enough to take it in and deal with it however they choose. Some people aren't ever going to like him, anyway, so why try to pander.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3407703;
    Amen! Idol has always kind of had an unofficial Don't Ask Don't Tell policy. I think Adam realizes that the public is sophisticated enough to take it in and deal with it however they choose. Some people aren't ever going to like him, anyway, so why try to pander.
    I don't know why his sexuality is even an issue. I don't like him because I don't like his singing style and there's also something about him (haven't quite figured it out yet) that just doesn't sit well with me. I don't dislike him because he's gay. I don't care about that. I'm a huge Clay Aiken fan and that didn't change when he "came out". It was more like, "DUH! Tell us something we DON'T know"
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3407700;
    Eye hump? What? EWWWWW!!!!!!! If you're talking about what I think you're talking about then I don't care who the singer is
    I was responding to someone that was talking about the intense eye staring into the camera from Adam. Some people refer to that as an eye fu#k, or eye hump. Nothing gross about it, tho it may have sounded that way. I just happen to like the way he plays to the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3407627;
    I started out not liking him much but as the weeks roll by I find myself appreciating his artistry (yes I like that word too) and his incredible vocal control. I only watch to see what he will do next! I have become an Adam-ite!
    Yep, that's me too. Funny thing is, I started liking him the week he did Ring of Fire. Many people hated that performance!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3407684;
    Or, as Kris Allen puts it: his "sexy face".

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3407525;
    I like Adam's performances whether toned down or over the top. He brings freshness to this competition and I can't wait to see what he will do each week. I loved his "Ring of Fire" and thought it was one of the most unique performances on American Idol ever! Last night, he was awesome. He doesn't just sing the song, he produces a performance each week through his arrangements, lighting, and staging. That is one thing that really sets him apart from the others, who often just get up there on stage and sing as if they were performing karaoke in a bar. Maybe that is where his stage experience has been helping him.
    He is a bright star and has a big future ahead of him!

I couldn't agree more!!! I can't wait for Adam's performance each week, and his versitility is amazing. Between American Idol and all of his videos on YouTube, you can see that he is incredibly versatile -- and each genre is better than the next, whether "toned down or over the top!"

I've watched last night's performance more times than I'm going to admit here. I figured out several weeks ago that I need to tape Adam's performances (old-school VCR) so I can watch them again and again right away. I love Ring of Fire and everything since. I'm not even paying attention to the other contestants. At the end of his song last night when the camera zoomed in on Simon, you could see the cartoon dollar signs flashing in his eyes. His face glowed like a honeymoon bride's.
    Count your blessings!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3407862;
    I've watched last night's performance more times than I'm going to admit here. I figured out several weeks ago that I need to tape Adam's performances (old-school VCR) so I can watch them again and again right away. I love Ring of Fire and everything since. I'm not even paying attention to the other contestants. At the end of his song last night when the camera zoomed in on Simon, you could see the cartoon dollar signs flashing in his eyes. His face glowed like a honeymoon bride's.
    LOL Gut! Dollar signs.

I love Adam, I love who he is, how he sings, and I can't care less if he is gay, not gay, in or out .. hell when the tour hits Cleveland Ill take him out to dinner (gotta be Lola's!) hes amazing.. and i hope he never changes.. people just need to seeTHIS is who Adam Lambert IS. I say good for him!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread